bought aliexpress MSP

splishsplosh

well if they wanted to scam you they would replace the batteries on one side with a brick or something to make it weigh the same lol.. never once heard of anybody being scammed since it literally takes one minute to open the side panels on the wheel and check

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VikinG said:

I've never heard of anyone being scammed on Aliexpress. It seems like you can always get your money back?

Imho that's one of the "common scams" - trying to get the buyer to let the dispute period end. By nice talking, promises, special offers,...

So once the dispute period ended (last chance to officially get the money back) one never hear from them again...

10 hours ago, splishsplosh said:

looking to check that im not getting scammed on battery or the motor but without opening it up, can any of you guys weigh your 2500w msp for me? the wheel is still in shipment

Afair such a scam was never reported here?

Some got battery packs, that did not fully charge or recently one got a wheel were the batteries were already discharged too much...

So charging, looking at the voltage reported by the app, measuring the voltages with a DMM, looking at the battery packs and their "stickers"..

Don't know how aliexpress disput policies are, if one gets a working wheel but batteries do charge only almost full or don't look lile the official ones?

But afair i never read here before of wheels sold with "strange" battery packs?

So without opening the wheel you can check

- wheels reported voltage after a full charge.

- approximate range you get with the wheel. Although ranges are difficult to compare - they depend strongly on inclines, accelerations, speed, weight, temperature,...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

Some got battery packs, that did not fully charge or recently one got a wheel were the batteries were already discharged too much...

to be fair that's just gotways horrible quality control, not a fault of the seller, has happened to people who have bought from all sorts of places.. happened to me from a gw wheel from ewheels... that one I was very grateful to have not purchased from ali lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VikinG said:

I've never heard of anyone being scammed on Aliexpress. It seems like you can always get your money back?

scammed, no.. it's not like when you order a "Samsung Galaxy S25" or something and get a knock off pos with one terrible camera that's the cheapest build quality possible,, with eucs you get what you pay for there are no fakes or knock offs, you buy from there because it's cheap.. they're in China and don't have a physical store or have any operating costs really.. they don't do any repairs or offer anything, they buy in bulk for cheap and sell for cheap but don't expect the after sales service or warranty you get from a good dealer like ewheels.. and shipping takes forever

27 minutes ago, Antec said:

They have the buyer protection so makes no senses to be scammed as you just get the money back

Isn't there (?the chance?) that one has to bear the costs of a return shipment? Which would be substantial for an EUC.

29 minutes ago, Antec said:

As long as you buy from a decent seller on Ali you will be fine

If it's something simple and "cheap" like a motherboard replacement it normaly works out fine.

Battery pack replacents were often reported as very cumbersome, as the higher costs will make many aliexpress sellers "fight for their live".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chriull said:

Isn't there (?the chance?) that one has to bear the costs of a return shipment? Which would be substantial for an EUC.

If it's something simple and "cheap" like a motherboard replacement it normaly works out fine.

Battery pack replacents were often reported as very cumbersome, as the higher costs will make many aliexpress sellers "fight for their live".

if faulty, i do not think you pay for the returns. The cost is on the store to sort, I think anyway.

I purchased my euc on ali and it is nikola 84v 2100wh... its still in good condition. I think before you choose a seller you need to check if the seller is legit also you check the shop reputations by checking their reviews... and ali has a buyer protection where you can make a dispute and get your money back.

I've had a couple of cases where the shipment was about to expire and I got a refund. But after a while, the package still came to me and it turns out that I actually received it for free. 

• Like 1