For Sale: INMOTION V8 (Glide3) w/ 2.1" tire upgrade - $475 firm (NYC)

Since I bought an MCM5, have no need for my trusty V8 anymore.  Wheel is 2.5 yrs old and I've ridden it for a year with zero problems.  1700 total miles.

Diagnostic test comes out with no issues and wheel charges to 100% (just tested see pic below).

Almost always rode with the cover on (included) so wheel is in excellent condition.

Upgraded the orig 1.9" tire to a 2.1" tire a couple months back, so tire is nearly new.  Makes a noticeable difference vs the 1.9" tire in ride and bump stability, (so would highly recommend for other V8 owners)

In downtown NYC (FiDi) and local buyers only for now.

IMG-1851.jpg

IMG-1857.jpg

IMG-1859.jpg

IMG-1860.jpg

IMG-1899.jpg

Edited by JeffNYC
Updated info + price reduction

Hi, I have a v8 and was thinking of making the tire upgrade. 

Can I ask if it is as easy as buying a replacement tire for the v8f and putting it on the v8?

Don't intend to hijack this thread. Hope you have a quick sale:) The V8 is great wheel.

• Like 1

No worries!  It was that easy for me, but I think I recall reading of others who may have had rubbing issues with the 2.1"

I believe Inmotion originally shipped the V8 with the 2.1" and then later switched to the 1.9", but not sure exactly why...

Anyways, you may as well try and see on your wheel - worst case you'll probably find another V8 owner who'll want to take the tire from you and try themselves.

5 hours ago, JeffNYC said:

No worries!  It was that easy for me, but I think I recall reading of others who may have had rubbing issues with the 2.1"

I believe Inmotion originally shipped the V8 with the 2.1" and then later switched to the 1.9", but not sure exactly why...

The V8 originally shipped with a 2.125" tire but users frequently had rubbing issues (between variations in individual tires, tire pressure, rider weight, etc--the tolerances were just too tight) and so they had to back down to shipping it with a 1.95" tire. This was fixed on the V8F which ships with a 2.125" tire.

Edited by AtlasP

Ah, thanks for clarifying!  I've had no rubbing issues with mine - but I run it at relatively low pressure - usually around 25psi - and I weigh 180lb.  Maybe higher pressures increase risk of rubbing as tire expands?

I would think it'd be the other way around--lower pressures are prone to more deformation/widening as it compresses, whereas higher pressures should retain their shape better/not deform to where it hits the sides.

It's likely more to do with the specific tire/tread you used, and/or your not-too-high weight, and/or perhaps your V8's case is more 'perfect'/not even slightly askew as to where it might be more prone to rubbing.

Well I will say this - my original 1.9" tire had a bit of 'hop' - i.e. up/down motion as the tire spun - it was enough to be obvious if you spun the wheel by hand.

With the new tire, I was lucky that it was perfectly round, and then I was extremely careful in seating it on the rim so that it was even all the way around.  I think people don't realize sometimes how easily a tire can be seated unevenly, which can lead to a 'less-than-round' spin (which creates 'hop'), or a side-to-side wobble, and if tolerances are tight in the case, then it's much more likely to rub.

Of course could also be the tire type - I'm using a Kenda K1039 16x2.125 for what it's worth.

• Like 2

Apparently because I am new I can’t sent messages. I’ll try to reach out to a moderator and ask. 

But you can also email my gmail account. It’s my user name at gmail. Or I am mrjustinr on Instagram. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Wanted to just update everyone that the transaction with Jeff was very smooth. He took the time to describe the history of the EUC and showed me some great beginner tips. Unit works just as described and I've been using it regularly since purchase. Thanks Jeff!