Trouble logging in!

Scottie888

Hey guys, everything was working dandy til today when I tried to log in. Chrome comes up with this...

image.thumb.png.1b08e3bae6f7a3ddd9037759bf58bdeb.pngimage.thumb.png.1b08e3bae6f7a3ddd9037759bf58bdeb.png

Did I do something or do I need to reset something? I'm using firefox linux on my chromebook to log in as it has a setting to ignore the invalid certificate. Pardon the double image!

Edited by Scottie888

the ssl certificate for the website has expired.. nothing to do with you/nothing you can do about it

• Like 3

This has nothing to do with you, and there's nothing you can do. The forum's SSL certificate is expired and the owner/admin must click a button somewhere to make a new one. Till that has happened, you'll have to click away the error message to visit the forum.

The traffic between the forum and you is encrypted, so nobody can steal your password or other transmitted data by looking at your Wifi or anything. Along with the encryption comes a certificate that acts as a proof of identity for the forum (no point in encryption if you don't talk to who you think you are talking to). Certificates auto-expire, which is what happened here. Your browser is simply warning you that something's wrong and you should be careful (in this case, there's no danger, and your traffic is as encrypted as ever).

We'll just have to wait until a new certificate is issued:)

• Like 1

Cool! Not being a techie geek, I thought I did something or perhaps need to reset something. A search says I need to reset the time on my device for this particular issue. Did that a coupla times with no luck so I thought I'd post it.

Thanks guys

edit: For the time being, for those to don't want to hassle with clicking on the advanced button & all that jazz, other browsers might be able to have a setting to ignore an invalid certificate. I'm using firefox on linux (using a chromebook) & it has this feature.

Edited by Scottie888