Trolley handle - does your button work?

Aaron Corsi

So I got my trolley handle today. My first thoughts are that this is even more flimsy than I could have imagined lol. I will probably end up using the bracket it came with but figuring out a DIY handle situation that actually feels solid. 

My question for those who also have a trolley handle is, does the button actually do something on yours? On mine I can push the button and it springs back up, but it doesn't seem to have any effect on raising and lowering the handle. For me, the handle can be raised or lowered whether or not I'm pushing the button. The rest of this thing is so cheap and flimsy that I wouldn't be surprised if the buttons just never do anything, but if it does work for some people then I will be taking it apart to see if I can fix it.

So I took the trolley handle apart to see if I could fix the button that doesn't do anything. I couldn't get it all of the way apart unfortunately. Here's a picture of all the innards laid out:

5653bd0d3f03e_FullSizeRender2.thumb.jpg.

Here's what it looks like inside the top with the handle and button mechanism stuff removed:

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.49e67c8cdcdaa9d

And here is what it looks like from below when you remove the bottom cap (which is very loose).

5653d6a4188ec_FullSizeRender3.thumb.jpg.

I couldn't take it apart any further than this and while it does appear to have the parts for some sort of locking mechanism they at least appear to not be working for some reason. Oh well, I suppose now it's time to figure out a DIY handle that's better than the one it came with.

As an aside, I ordered this set from AliExpress and it didn't come with the bracket to mount the handle by itself which was kind of a bummer since it was shown to include it in the picture and I was planning on putting the handle on the back with the parking stand on the front. Just a warning to others who are trying to save some money by ordering the two parts together.

You also need to keep in mind that a LOT of stuff advertised on Aliexpress as OEM or Original, is not actually what they claim.  They are copies, sometimes really good, and sometimes really bad.  I'm not saying yours is not original, but I've done a lot of business on Aliexpress, and there is a LOT of that going on...  It's a possibility.

Archived