Are manufacturers working on 3 wheel vehicles yet?

jmsjms

I would assume so! If not, then I hope they start looking into this soon. I don't want to be an aged person and ride one wheel at 30 mph with a bunch of other traffic. But if I am aged what would stop me from having a stable 3 wheel vehicle -- a trike, or maybe even 4 wheels together that would work on the same or similar principle as EUC.

If you are a manufacturer that is reading this, jump ahead of the rest and start the blueprints for something that may grab the attention of those who seek lower prices for electric vehicles. With electric cars still being quite pricey, putting and configuring a 3 or 4 wheel vehicle may bring you lots of interest from buyers. 

I'm convincing my girlfriend to buy this electric car for us for local usage. I think it's awesome.

Interestingly, Jalopnik did three videos on this car review. The Ford GT only got one, along with the newest Corvette.

3 hours ago, jmsjms said:

If you are a manufacturer that is reading this, jum ahead of the rest and start the blueprints for something that may grab the attention of those who seek lower prices for electric vehicles. With electric cars still being quite pricey, putting and configuring a 3 or 4 wheel vehicle may bring you lots of interest from buyers. 

Is the  Solo what you had in mind?

Solo.jpg.640f9e801dfe0c95a97d93f9ddb6ac06.jpg

Bruce

Edited by PennBruce

Something half the size of those 3 wheel cars. Maybe even three times smaller than the Solo. A standing rider just like a wheel rider, not a car driver. I am sure the manufacturers are already planning something like that, but they're hiding their concepts. We should revisit this thread in several years from now to see if I correctly predicted it.

Why 3 and so small, when we have 2 wheeled that self balance? Im not a fan of 3 wheels myself, but to each their own. Turn that solo car around, and youll have a vehicle that was outlawed in the 90's due to rollover issues...

Edited by ShanesPlanet

3 or 4 wheels, so this type of transportation machines can establish themselves on the road on their own lanes, not the bike lanes. Right now if you are with 1 (EUC) or 2 wheels, in a city environment, you are getting squished into the bike lane, or even worse you might be trying to commute on the sidewalks. If you have a 3 wheel car you get to drive on a car lane, but the 3 wheel cars are too expensive, and that's why I started this topic; put 3 or 4 EUCs together, simplify the machine as much as possible... forward leaning -- power, backward leaning -- stop, put  a left and right turn signal and automotive lights... don't go past $5,000 per vehicle. Wouldn't that open the eyes of all the buyers? Electric car buyers getting continuously turned off by the high prices of electric cars (including myself). If the first one got launched in the next couple of years, I wouldn't be surprised if just within a decade these type of transportation machines outnumber the cars. They will be smaller than cars yet larger than EUCs, speedier than EUCs, more stable and lawfully be allowed on the car lanes. I assume the manufacturers are already ahead of my thoughts and are planning for something more legitimate to stay together with the cars. And those new transportation machines should be made to do 35-45 mph -- because they will be more stable than EUCs.

In the US, you can't do this with EUC on 45 mph speed limit or you'll get a ticket for slowing down the traffic. Maybe some of you can do it on 35 mph traffic, and that's what I'm going to plan to do myself as well. I don't have a wheel yet, but when I get it, it's not so that I can ride it on the bike lane; no, I am buying one so that I can ride it securely on my own lane with traffic either ahead or behind me, not getting squished by cars in a tiny bike lane that is loaded with debris, screws and nails. Twenty years ago the bike lanes were city innovations. Today with bikes getting faster and faster, they are useless and very dangerous. Drivers also tend to ignore the bike lanes, especially if they're texting on their phones. If you are steadily riding on a car lane (just like a motorcycle), then you are going to be recognized sooner and make the driver behind you more alert (as long as you keep up high speed and your device is well lit with lights). I am personally going to look like a Christmas tree and will be wearing all kinds of lights.