100v Monster Battery Upgrade

84v Monster comes in 1600 wh and 2400 wh.

100v Monster comes in 1845 wh.

84v Monster 1600wh can be upgradet to 2400wh with extra pack of 800wh.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ND4SPD said:

This is an older V1 100v 1600wh Monster. 

Will the pack fit?

Also, what makes the 100v have less battery space?

I don't think such a capacity has ever been released... Is the charge port on the wheel four pin or five pin? And the reason 100v packs are smaller is that in order to safely expand them, they would not fit inside the shell. Many dealers mod the 100v Monsters with custom designed larger battery packs, but these often introduce new safety and oscillation issues. 

16 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

I don't think such a capacity has ever been released... Is the charge port on the wheel four pin or five pin? And the reason 100v packs are smaller is that in order to safely expand them, they would not fit inside the shell. Many dealers mod the 100v Monsters with custom designed larger battery packs, but these often introduce new safety and oscillation issues. 

I don't know, I dont have the wheel yet. 

I'm not sure what you mean by this. So the 100v battery packs are smaller but then expand when in use?

I was thinking some internal parts took up more space.

For other markets, yes a smaller capacity Monster was released.  Unless he bought a one-off wheel from China or used from someone, that battery configuration would be rare (but in existence).  

34 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

For other markets, yes a smaller capacity Monster was released.  Unless he bought a one-off wheel from China or used from someone, that battery configuration would be rare (but in existence).  

Interesting! Thanks for letting me know :)

2 hours ago, ND4SPD said:

I don't know, I dont have the wheel yet. 

I'm not sure what you mean by this. So the 100v battery packs are smaller but then expand when in use?

I was thinking some internal parts took up more space.

I meant that if they wanted to use larger packs, they would not fit inside the shell due to the number of cells that would be required. That's why they don't take up the entire battery cavity (which was designed for the larger 84v 800wh packs). Dealers get around this by connecting lots of smaller packs together, but Gotway discourages this and deems it unsafe because if not done properly it can lead to safety or functional issues down the road. As far as your original question, a quick opening of both side panels would reveal if there's space/how you would be able to install another battery pack. 

1 hour ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Interesting! Thanks for letting me know :)

I meant that if they wanted to use larger packs, they would not fit inside the shell due to the number of cells that would be required. That's why they don't take up the entire battery cavity (which was designed for the larger 84v 800wh packs). Dealers get around this by connecting lots of smaller packs together, but Gotway discourages this and deems it unsafe because if not done properly it can lead to safety or functional issues down the road. As far as your original question, a quick opening of both side panels would reveal if there's space/how you would be able to install another battery pack. 

Ok, Thanks!