NYPD: 2 wheeled scooters are illegal in NYC

Hank

I know this is self centered... sorry.  I'm hoping this isn't like a common cold and gets caught by everyone.  I would hate to think someone in charge does the "They are doing this in NY, maybe we should."  I have seen different standards being set here because some one "hears" that is the way they are doing it somewhere they respect.  Like I said sorry, that is totally negative.  I was needing to say it.

9 hours ago, Colestien said:

"They are doing this in NY, maybe we should."  I have seen different standards being set here because some one "hears" that is the way they are doing it somewhere they respect.

Yeah, should avoid repeating other's mistakes <_<

I've seen it in other subjects.  Way back to my Parents day.  They could say that the band is for EUCs also.  They are the "same" battery driven, no brake and heck the EUC has only one wheel! ...it must be worst than the Hoverboard,  and the Hoverboard is so very dangerous.  Look here is the proof  "they" have outlawed Hoverboards.  

They are not even the same "subject" but I've seen Links like this before.  When "concerned citizens"  hear some child got burned when his Hoverboard Burst in to Flames.  Or a rider told them to Piss off when this same concerned citizen was trying to explain to them how unsafe they are.

Just my negative 2 cents

So this is good news.. hopefully it passes, but unfortunately the definition the senator has doesn't work for Unicycles since he specifically wrote 2 wheels in the law..

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/queens-state-senator-legalize-hoverboards-article-1.2460998

Under the bill, a hoverboard is defined as any self-balancing device that goes 20 mph or less and has two or more wheels on a single axle that does not exceed 20 inches in height and is designed to transport one person with an electric propulsion system.

Just now, fearedbliss said:

So this is good news.. hopefully it passes, but unfortunately the definition the senator has doesn't work for Unicycles since he specifically wrote 2 wheels in the law..

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/queens-state-senator-legalize-hoverboards-article-1.2460998

I guess the airwheel q3 would become legal then. Still not gonna ride one though.

• 3 weeks later...

Good news. In regards to what I posted last about the state senator introducing legislation to legalize hoverboard in NYV by excluding them as motor vehicles, @Tim Haden is also wrking with him so that electric unicycles are also included! The senator says hopefully by next June it will be signed. In the meantime, this means we basically have more time to RRRRIIIIIIDEEEEEE!!

http://www.hoodriderz.com/blogs/news/79957377-fox5ny-working-to-legalize-hoverboards-and-personal-transportation-in-nyc

PS: I was riding in the rain, on the road, with an umbrella, next to cops that clearly saw me and no problem. I wanted them to stop me because I know they pretty much would have given me compliments ;) haha.

And these same assholes want us to pay taxes.... But don't want us to get to work, to pay off thier taxes.... Recently had a $175 fine for a 15 year old headlight burned out going home 2 am from work AND I HAD BULB IN CAR INCASE ASSHOLE COP PULLED ME OVER... SO !BS!!!

I have examined the law in detail and it is very specific in that it's referring to two wheeled self balancing scooters in any city in ny with a population of more than 1.5 million. So yes, hovermboards are technically motor vehicles that cannot be registered or insured. But as of now unis are not included. Unile on my friends!!

Archived