14d Speed Adjustment

Hi I have a king Song 14d that Im trying to change my top speed on it's currently on the factory settings 18.5mph but I want to up it. I have ridden it ALOT myself and bought it from my Uncle, so I know its hit the minimum amount of miles needed if there is even that requirement on this model! I have the King Song app and the Darkness bot app, the KS app wont let me hit the continue button to update the speed and the Darkness app says warning every time I try

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

18.5 MPH is the maximum it can do.  Mine came set at 12 then it allowed me to up it after riding two miles.  It shows like you can get more speed but that is a generic setting and the 14D or 14s will not do it.

It will probably cut out at a higher speed

Edited by ass
forgot something

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Yeshwanth Akurathi said:

Guys can one of you please help me? 

I bought a 14D from a local vendor. I am getting the "Please decelerate" messages at 8KMPH yes and not even at 8 MPH. I really don't know what to do.

Desperately searching for help.

Thanks in advance!

open the app and increase the top speed..

On 8/16/2020 at 5:12 AM, Rywokast said:

open the app and increase the top speed..

I researched a bit and came to know that it is cause of the serial number problem. The wheel is 14D but the serial number of the wheel is 16C. I tried all possible apps like KingSong, Darknessbot, EUCWorld and many others. Nothing could help me.

Can anyone please help me in changing the serial number of my wheel? I read that it should solve the problem.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Yeshwanth Akurathi said:

I researched a bit and came to know that it is cause of the serial number problem. The wheel is 14D but the serial number of the wheel is 16C.

Be carefull! If one has the wrong combination of motherboard and firmware this imo can easily lead to a fried motherboard!

I tried all possible apps like KingSong, Darknessbot, EUCWorld and many others. Nothing could help me.

Just the ks softtuner app ("engineer app") should be able to change the serial number. But for this function one would need an account - it won't work with the guest login.

Can anyone please help me in changing the serial number of my wheel? I read that it should solve the problem.

Any "serious" ks reseller should have this app and an account to fix such things.

Afaik, this app you asked for in the other topic is exactly this softtuner app, freely available in the ios store. As written you'd "just" need an account...

For android there is non in the playstore - no idea if there is still one for resellers?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Yeshwanth Akurathi said:

I researched a bit and came to know that it is cause of the serial number problem. The wheel is 14D but the serial number of the wheel is 16C. I tried all possible apps like KingSong, Darknessbot, EUCWorld and many others. Nothing could help me.

well who did that.... no way it came with that lol, no wonder its not working... get the kingsong soft tuner app and install the proper 14d firmware and you should be good to go

• Like 1

Just now, Rywokast said:

well who did that.... no way it came with that lol, no wonder its not working... get the kingsong soft tuner app and install the proper 14d firmware and you should be good to go

Can you please help me in getting the kingsong soft tuner("engineers app")? 

I tried logging in as a guest but it did not help..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chriull said:

Be carefull! If one has the wrong combination of motherboard and firmware this imo can easily lead to a fried motherboard!

Just the ks softtuner app ("engineer app") should be able to change the serial number. But for this function one would need an account - it won't work with the guest login.

Any "serious" ks reseller should have this app and an account to fix such things.

Afaik, this app you asked for in the other topic is exactly this softtuner app, freely available in the ios store. As written you'd "just" need an account...

For android there is non in the playstore - no idea if there is still one for resellers?

Can you let me know if you have this app as you have corrected this on your side? 

I am from India and I could not find any euc sellers or resellers here..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yeshwanth Akurathi said:

Can you let me know if you have this app

Everyone can have this app - as written it is freely available in the ios app store. Called softtuner.

But you need an account to change the serial number which afaik only official resellers have.

Maybe you can, as @Rywokast wrote you can force install the right firmware with this app with the guest account?

But be careful - one can destroy a wheel with the wrong firmware!

as you have corrected this on your side? 

No. I never had to mess with such problems.

I am from India and I could not find any euc sellers or resellers here..

Then Kingsong support should be your only chance?

Or you are still within "dispute duration" so you could get a refund for your not right working wheel?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chriull said:

But you need an account to change the serial number which afaik only official resellers have.

Maybe you can, as @Rywokast wrote you can force install the right firmware with this app with the guest account?

as I have access to an account I have no idea if a guest user can change firmware or not... I would assume they could but who knows, I sent him some credentials to try not sure if it will work for him... I think part of the serial is tied to the type of wheel,, obviously.. but the only way the board "knows" what type of wheel it is is by it's firmware, so I'm just assuming someone at some point installed incorrect firmware on this wheel (luckily for a mostly equivalent wheel) and it's conflicting with the board... strange that it even works but I suspect if you force update to the proper firmware the serial will be correct and the wheel will function as normal

• Like 2