Tesla got wet

Mobbn'

Thank u both for info . I tested my batteries last night and they say 9.55 volts . A bit low I’m thinking . haha I had to run it dead the first day because I didn’t know how to open it yet and it wouldn’t turn off  and it was 3am . The motor never engaged but sound and headlamp were .  When I charged it it went to green light but nothing when I turn it on but slight beep if u put ur head to it and listen .  If I leave it in the charger for a few days will this help or are the batteries shot ? I’ve read how to jump start a lithium battery to get it to where it’ll charge again if their are restrictions on the computer board not allowing it to . Not in the unicycle but while pulled out . I’m thinking it’s the batteries for sure keeping it from working . How can 84v turn to 9v and work I’m thinking . But idk . 

aside from buying new packs, I'm not sure there is a safe and fail proof method to renew these batteries. I have had luck in the past by 'jump starting' lion batteries. BUT, and this is a big BUTT, this was on tiny lipo r/c plane packs.  The amount of battery in an euc is much more. I can't comment on wether to try or not, just make sure you are not inside the house or near any trees/cars when/if you do.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Ok I was wrong about the computer board !   I’ve got a bunch of fried things in it I didn’t notice before . A lot of them turned black .   I think I thought they were supposed to be or something . I think I expected them to be missing kind of blown or something but I have probably 10-15 of them scattered through out the board .  :-(    And the battery’s , I’m getting a new multimeter because mine is missing some of the parts of The digital numbers being an old one .    Bummer  ... now what ? New board ?  

I’m going to look up electric schematics for it and see if my computer guy can replace the 10+ that blew . Hope it works . 

** why every time I set my password , leave the forum then come back my password is wrong still . ? I have to reset it every time I leave . Why? What am I doing wrong ? 

Ok so where I’m at so far . Took it to my computer guy he said nothing fried but some bad arching due to corrosion from moisture causing some pin to arch over . So it’s charging now and got new multimeter and batteries r fine .  So I’ll be back after I’m brave enough to turn it on  ! 

• Like 1

Your fighting a losing battle. Seriously you really want to run that risk? Getting thrown off at high speed and also setting the EUC on fire? battery is more or less dead and the motherboard is even worse. This is one miracle even Jesus can't fix mate lol and by the time you buy a new motherboard and battery you might aswell put it towards a new EUC anyway

Pin Arcing? Was it a bad connection in a connector or debris tracing on the board? I have wanted to water proof a board with a coating ever sense I got my first wheel. This might be a good candidate. Did the wheel take the charge? It can be difficult to charge a wheel if the batteries get too low. 

Upgrade from Tesla? I think it can be done. :P

I was thinking about using a closed lockable steel cabinet outside my Garage. I could see some moisture getting in, even with the doors closed.  It would be sheltered.

Morning dew usually lands on exposed surfaces to the outdoors, but I don't want to ruin my EUC.

Yeah no go on the cleanup and plug in . The only thing that turns on is the fan ! That was the small sound I would hear from it . Theirs a piece blown I guess . He said it’s probably a switch . Which is what’s malfunctioning . There was a bit of corrosion due to water on the board . We’ll see , I’m going to order the piece from China and give it one more shot before I give up on a year old  $2k Toy ya know . That’s just wasteful really . Our landfills are not going to last if we don’t stop scrapping perfectly fixable things ya know .  Plus I’m 52 and am retired . I couldn’t stay retired if I tossed everything . haha but it’ll be weeks before I get the piece in so I’ll be back when I get that going . And I’m going to use small expansion spray foam inside to water tighten up inside better or something like that . It’s crazy how much water got in to this area so it needs something for sure . Be back in a couple weeks y’all and thanks , 

oh yeah yes my batteries charged up to 84v . I hope that’s peek charge volts ? Battery says 75-84 or something close . So I hope that’s good on charge ?  And I still have to redo my password every time I come back in to this forum . Weird . 

• Like 1

If the batteries are good and the wheel is only a year old, I would defiantly try a new board. If that does not work and you are finished trying to fix it,  come back and sell it as is to get some money back. It can be used for parts.