Installing 14S control board v1.4 questions-SOLVED

Vincencus

*EDITED: Solved below on last post. Thanks to @Cody and @RockyTop who chipped in with some thoughts.  

Hi everyone 

So my new control board for my 14S arrived today and the new one (v 1.4) is a little different to the original (v 1.2) so I’m looking for a little feedback. 

A) how do you differentiate between the two large battery cables? I’m having trouble figuring out which side goes where. I have looked on the board for any labels with no leads.

b) The new board has two fuses that the old doesn’t have. ALSO the new board is missing the cable connecting to the shell fuse assembly. Do these fuses negate the need for the exterior fuse? The pic below is the cable on the 1.2 that is missing on the 1.4. 
103017454_579360202724338_10860910575668

C) On the 1.4 there is a small red connector and I don’t know what it’s for. Any ideas?

100994773_608922396498073_24552518260862

Thanks 

Edited by Vincencus

On 6/4/2020 at 10:28 PM, Vincencus said:

C) On the 1.4 there is a small red connector and I don’t know what it’s for. Any ideas?

this look like the safe bms pin on my battery packs ?DSC00585.jpg

if the battery give 5v, then charge is alowed, if it give 0v, charging is disabled (and strange overvoltage is produced by safety equipement shuttdonwn ?)
defdeect.jpg

• Like 1

Ok update, the small red connector seem to be the "charger port" entry

this tinny cable seem to accept up to 6A charger, it's incredible how they push this high

Edited by Cody
  • Like 1

It look like my board, wait picture here ... somwhere on phone
path895.png
before it was an "T deans" connector for charger port

but all the other wire are the sames ?
i putting names on the connectors ...
pinout ?! Full pinout, wooo i trying ...

Edited by Cody
  • Like 1

Hi Cody, 

Thanks for your response. The trouble I am having with the battery connectors is that they are now CROSS JOINED and it's not clear (to me) which plug should go to which side (Purple circles). I have no idea if these need to go to specific batteries or if they are interchangeable.

J81wYP.jpg

Next the connector in the yellow circle is also unclear.

Am I supposed to convert the 'T deans' power connector and connect it to the yellow circle? If so, how...? The cable is way to short to reach, and is on the opposite side of the power connection. 

FYI, all the green circle connections are easy to place. It's the others that are vague. 

Still NOTHING from Kingsong. It's been a week. 
Thanks again

Edited by Vincencus

ok, so can you take an picture of your(s) battery connector too ?
if you already have the battery with the NEW plug, you can put the batteries 1 to side 1 or to side 2
they are interchangeables, BUT they need to have the same amount of charge BEFORE plugging it TOGETHER  (check batteries indicator with your phone, plugging only one battery at the time

old-board.jpg

Edited by Cody

• 2 weeks later...

SOLUTION for future.

As a reminder, I had to replace my control board due to a software update failure through the KingSong App. When the new board arrived from REVRides I was pleased that I received the updated board, v1.4. The trouble, however, is that nobody was able to advise me on the updated board and the differences in installation between v1.2 and v1.4. 

So I finally got some answers from KS. 

The cable labeled 'CHARGER PORT' below is on the original v1.2 board which connected to the outer shell's fuse housing. This has been updated in v1.4 so it is now redundant. path895.png

This is board v1.4 and this small cable (in yellow) located near the battery cables was not identified by KS so I did not connect it to anything. I imagine it's a service cable of some sort but don't quote me. The two green circles are exactly the same so no difference there. 
As for the purple battery connectors, they have now been consolidated on v1.4 which may confuse some as they are clearly separated on v1.2. On v1.4 it DOES NOT matter which side goes to which battery as there is no identifier. HOWEVER I was told by KS that the batteries' charges do need to be within 0.5V of each other before connecting to the board. I simply charged the batteries separately and checked their status with an electrical tester. 

J81wYP.jpg

This was such a shitty experience for me and maddening that this all happened as a result of the KS software. Just another victim of the same ol'shit. It took WAY too long to get a reply from KS about this and furthermore, REVRides had not even been sent any manuals with this updated information. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future. 

Peace

Edited by Vincencus