What do you think about GOTWAY TESLA V2?

EUC.SALE

Hey guys! I'we just got the new GotWay Tesla v2 and I'm interested to hear some reviews from you about it! Did you like it or not? Would you buy it? Do you recommend it? If you want to know what we think about it  check it out right here :

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've only owned the Telsa so I can't compare to other wheels but so far (~2000km's) it has been a fantastic wheel. I am definitely on the larger side of the rider spectrum (6', 250lbs, size 12 shoes) so keep that in mind when reading my comments.

- Power: the 1900W motor with the 16" wheel is great for acceleration and braking. My usual cruising speed is around 38-40kph with beeps usually starting around 45-46kph. So far I have only managed to get it up to 52kph (downhill with a tail wind). The hills in my area aren't extreme, but I have yet to find one I can't make it up. I have the amp warning set at 90A in EUC World and only get a scattered warning when off-reading or under heavy acceleration/braking.

- Handling: again I can't compare to other wheels, but so far I have had no issues with handling on this wheel. It is very nimble and light for slow riding and trails, but also feels very stable at higher speeds. You do have to watch out for the larger potholes and bumps as the wheel will hit pretty hard if you are not prepared for them. 

- Range: As I mentioned, I'm a big guy and I like to cruise towards the upper end of the wheel's capabilities. As a result I am not getting fantastic mileage out of the battery. I can generally get anywhere from 30-35km per charge under mixed riding conditions. Most of my riding is in the evening after the kids are in bed so I usually just stick it on the charger overnight and unplug in the morning. I've seen Marty's new Tesla with the 1480Wh pack and it makes me drool a little, lol.

- Comfort: The side pads on the Tesla took me a while to get used to while learning (this could be the same for other wheels, but the Tesla is my first). The position of the pads and my riding style gave me a fair bit of bruising on my inner calves. It may have been due to my deathgrip on the wheel while learning to ride, but it definitely subsided after a couple of weeks. I do wish that the pedals were larger as they tend to hurt my feet after a fairly short period.

Convenience: The smaller size/weight of the wheel makes it easy to handle if you have to carry it upstairs, throw it in the truck or shopping cart. The cutoff switch is well placed and has worked reliably for me. The trolley handle is more than adequate in my experience and I have yet to lose control of the wheel while trolleying. The light is very bright and has a decent focused pattern, but I would suggest you get a handheld flashlight if you plan on riding in the dark. I rarely use the built-in Bluetooth but it seems decent for what it is, just don't expect it to be Boss quality sound.

This was my first wheel and definitely helped me fall in love with the sport. My plan was to buy it as my learning wheel and then upgrade, but I can definitely see me keeping this wheel for a long time. I don't know if there is a better wheel out there at this price point. If you have any specific questions please don't hesitate to reach out. 

Keep riding and stay safe.

• Like 1

I also have the v1. But the 2019. I think they tweaked the board from the original 

Took it out this morning. Nothing to compare it to and a lot of my nerves are based on the outlier examples of cutting out and/or random crashes.

I like the wheel. Spent a lot of time thinking about it before taking the plunge. Shifting from thinking about a ninebot1 then a V5f then the battle between KS16S and Tesla. In the end I went with the Tesla because I didn't like the idea of throttled speed from 50% battery. If the 16X was actually available at the time then I might have been tempted not least because I think it's the best looking wheel out there.

The Tesla design does feel a little dated and the ergonomics aren't great to me. Mainly I like the shape just the bulging sides look weird.

I would have loved the cut off switch. I don't think the BT speaker add much other than annoying your fellow human.

I think if they woudl be able to get the MCM5 shell for the Tesla it would look better.

I love your Porsche analogy. I mentioned this in the comments on YouTube. And this kind of makes me think I made the right.choice.

Also. 19kg is just about doable. 

I came from electric scooters where mine weighs a nice 8kg. Unfortunately that secote has gone the other way and producing performance over convenience. 

Why have a 50mph top speed but make it 80kg to carry. I guess same could be said about EUC but I think this is why the camps will split into extreme EUC and commuter/leisure. .

I hope to have my Tesla for a while konger. A slimmer version would be the only thing to tempt me away from the v1 for now.

I got the Tesla V2 as my first wheel last summer.
Accelleration is just from another world compared to other PEV I have and have tested. Scooters do not have a chance. 
But for me there are to many negatives. Most of them not negatives for everybody, but for my kind of expected riding is is (mountain hill climbs and off road.... and asphalt carving).

• Tire is narrow. Makes it turn very easy. Negative to me because I wanted a bit more resistance for carving. What I understand, wider tires makes the wheel a bit more stable and gives more resistance turning in which I believe gives you a bit more feeling of G in the carving.
  • Tire is narrow and does not take rocks that good when offroad. Damaging the rim if hitting rocks hard.
  • Pedals are to low for offroad. Several times the wheel was just snagged away under my feet due to pedals hitting rocks and roots off road.
  • Pedals ar to low for real carving on asphalt too. Pedal scraping is normal.
  • Control board Mos.fets burn to easy for my. The wheel is SOOOOO STRONG. The motor is so powerful that you can easyly get tricket into pushinhg it to hard during hillclimbs. Burned mos.fets and controllerboard as a result. Not sure if this is only Tesla or most EUC. I burned 2 controllerboards, waiting for my third and hopefully working wheel again soon.

The sidedads where a bit hard and uncomfortable for me. Actually I think just removing them would be better. After some hours riding my stance is wider and I do not use the sidesupport that much anyway. Only in the beginning before my balance was set.
I anyway took them off and put them back on in a totally different angle as powerpads. And then some softer foam as sidepads.
(Power pads can also be the reason for my burned mos.fets. Beeing able to push the wheel to much. )

• Speakers not very good for music, but can do If I forgot my UE Boom. 
  • Trolley handle superb. Put my helmet on it while shopping. Milk on the pedals ;)
  • Front light.... aaaaaah. Only for slow speed in the dark.
  • Tail light. MISSING! WHY! I glued on a red reflector (reflex?), but plan to put on a proper tail light.
  • LED strip. Funny if you like this. Good in the dark for others to see you.

But for reletive high speed (25-45 km/h) asphalt fun and transporttation it is perfect. Also low speed fun (exept hard low speed hill climbs (more than 35 deg). 
So for me I should have gotten myself a bigger wheel straight away. Considering the MSX or MSP..... 

Edited by zeroSIXzero

• 5 weeks later...

Had one that blew up.  It was the silver speaker one though.  It pulled like no other wheel, like a train. Not sure I will ever experience that urgency and effortlessness in a wheel again.  Even msx torque and 100v nikola felt like nothing in comparison.  

Still waiting for a damn refund after 6 months.  

4 hours ago, Topkek said:

Had one that blew up.  It was the silver speaker one though.  It pulled like no other wheel, like a train. Not sure I will ever experience that urgency and effortlessness in a wheel again.  Even msx torque and 100v nikola felt like nothing in comparison.  

Still waiting for a damn refund after 6 months.  

Who are you waiting for the refund from?  That's a crazy amount of time to wait, i'd be worried. Try the MSP maybe,  Or try a 1450Wh Tesla V2?