EUC World app help

Juggler

I am riding a KS16S and want to set up one speed alarm just lower than tiltback speed. ie, tiltback @21mph & speed alarm @ 20 mph

I used to use the Wheel log app but decided to use the EUC World app instead.  I am confused, as there seems to be two places where you can set the speed alarms.

1    In the ALARM SETTINGS. there are 3 speed alarm settings, High, Med & Low priority

2    In the WHEEL SETTINGS, there are 3 speed alerts ( 1st speed, 2nd speed & 3rd speed ) and one tiltback alert

When I try to set the speed alerts in the WHEEL SETTINGS I cannot chage the settings from 1st speed  = 2mph, 2nd speed = 4mph,  3rd speed = 5 mph and Tiltback = 21 mph !

See photo attached.

Any help would be much appreciated

Screenshot_20200531-214748_EUC World.jpg

10 hours ago, buell47 said:

After choosing the alarm value just hit the enter key. It's a known bug. 

Thanks for that, I finally got that part working.

However my original question is still unanswered. Why 2 different places for the alarm settings?

Just now, Juggler said:

However my original question is still unanswered. Why 2 different places for the alarm settings?

Because EUC World allows you to set up two independent alarms:

1. Wheel alarms that are managed by wheel mainboard and will sound through internal buzzer.
  2. Application alarms that are managed by EUC World and that will make your phone to vibrate and if you're useing compatible watch, it will vibrate too. If you'll enable speech in EUC World, alarms will also sound through phone speaker or over connected Bluetooth audio device (EUC builting BT speakers for example). 

Wheel alarms will work regardless of app running or not, so in theory they are more reliable. The problem with buzzer is that as you ride faster, beeps will be gone in the wind noise. EUC World alarms may sound thru your earbuds or EUC speakers and will be much louder. The best solution is to mix both and set it in a synchronized way. For example my setup is:

KS-18XL wheel alarms: 1st is off, 2nd is set to 34 km/h, 3rt is set to 37 km/h, tiltback is set to 40 km/h. At the same time I have EUC World speed lowest priority alarm set to 31 km/h with prealarm option enabled, medium priority alarm set to 34 km/h (so it will work in sync with 2nd EUC alarm) and highest priority alarm set to 37 km/h (so it will work in sync with 3rd EUC alarm). Voltage-dependent alarm option is disabled. Please note that if you want to

• Like 1

Thanks Seba, great explanation, I fully understand now. BTW what was the last comment re "Please note that if you want to"?

I have made a donation to your brilliant work

Thanks

Andy

• Like 1

Just now, Juggler said:

Thanks Seba, great explanation, I fully understand now. BTW what was the last comment re "Please note that if you want to"?

I have made a donation to your brilliant work

Thanks

Andy

Thank you Andy :) I just wanted to note that you need to have voice enabled in EUC World if you want to get sound/speech alarms. If speech is disabled, only vibrations will work.

• Like 1

Thanks Seba.

I only have one slight criticism of your APP in that the grey text is very hard to read outdoors, A brighter grey or even a light colour would be much easier to read.

I'm not as young as I would like to be anymore LOL

Andy

5 minutes ago, Juggler said:

I only have one slight criticism of your APP in that the grey text is very hard to read outdoors, A brighter grey or even a light colour would be much easier to read.

Because EUC World is using system themes, you should be able to change it by changing your Android display settings. But I will note your suggestion and will try to improve contrast.

• Like 1

Just now, Seba said:

Because EUC World is using system themes, you should be able to change it by changing your Android display settings. But I will note your suggestion and will try to improve contrast.

Thanks again for your help, keep up the good work