V11 vs S18 (need help)

Ah, looked more into the shock they used, indeed it's not the type of dual chamber I was thinking, which would actually allow independent sag/sensitivity adjustment.

But yes, I've found it interesting that a lot of discussion has been around sprung/unsprung mass, but not a lot around the benefit of rising rate suspension. That's one of the first things that captured me about the S18.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, redfoxdude said:

But yes, I've found it interesting that a lot of discussion has been around sprung/unsprung mass, but not a lot around the benefit of rising rate suspension.

Its because the S18 has both that IMO its by far the better setup. The fact that it uses a bog standard MTB shock is a bonus as it allows any number of replacement/service/rebuild options. It would be interesting to hear what onboard settings the shock has too. Most will have damping and lock-out adjustments but Fox for example can be supplied with different ports for high speed compression damping. End result being that you could potentially setup an S18 to be exactly what each rider weight and terrain requires. The V11 could be tricky and compromised (but still likely better than no suspension) ;)

• Like 1