Mten3 with Nikola pedals

stephen

So I thought I'd take my Nikola pedals off my msx and install on my Mten3 😁😁 ,Wow what a difference👍 now pendulums are even easier, turning from forward to reverse is another Wow😁 backwards riding is so so easier than before (you have full control) the small pedals make the wheel twitchy when repositioning feet

To say the pedals are much larger than the standard pedals you only sacrifice an insy bit of turning on a dime if going around in continuous circles like a ballerina 😊 otherwise there's no difference

YBsKWjo.jpgnow I need to order some black pedals from Ali because I'm deffo keeping these on 👍👍,

I'll try post video soon and update

IMG-20200510-202311.jpg
IMG-20200510-201856.jpg
IMG-20200510-201844.jpg
IMG-20200510-201847.jpg
IMG-20200510-201836.jpg
himmat karne walon ki kabhi haar nahi hoti

Edited by stephen
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Was the original pedal rod usable with the larger pedal?  The length is so short that it does not meet the screws on both sides.  Did you use a longer rod?  Has it held up under regular use?

3 minutes ago, Paradoxedgewater said:

Was the original pedal rod usable with the larger pedal?  The length is so short that it does not meet the screws on both sides.  Did you use a longer rod?  Has it held up under regular use?

I had to use the rods from the nikola pedals,, if it's too short buy a steel rod and cut it ..or buy some proper rods, the mten3 rods will be to short probably

I bought my Mten3 and it was supposed to arrive with the Nikola pedals installed.  It arrived with standard pedals.  The company sent Nikola pedals but without the rod.  They also sent pedals that do not stay up when folded.  The magnets are not aligned properly.  I understand it's the Nikola Plus pedals that have the proper magnet placement.  I emailed the retailer,  @EUCO.US  about the situation with the short steel rod and magnet placement but have not received a reply yet.  It's been an ordeal but at least they have been responsive so far.  The picture is the original pedal on top of the Nikola pedal showing the insufficient metal rod length.  I am hopeful they don't expect me to ride on this.

ShortRod2.jpg

48 minutes ago, Paradoxedgewater said:

I bought my Mten3 and it was supposed to arrive with the Nikola pedals installed.  It arrived with standard pedals.  The company sent Nikola pedals but without the rod.  They also sent pedals that do not stay up when folded.  The magnets are not aligned properly.  I understand it's the Nikola Plus pedals that have the proper magnet placement.  I emailed the retailer,  @EUCO.US  about the situation with the short steel rod and magnet placement but have not received a reply yet.  It's been an ordeal but at least they have been responsive so far.  The picture is the original pedal on top of the Nikola pedal showing the insufficient metal rod length.  I am hopeful they don't expect me to ride on this.

ShortRod2.jpg

When you put the screw in the ends does it tighten against the bar  i don't know if it's threaded all the way,, if it does it should be ok for now , it's not that you do big jumps or anything on the mten3 ..or just buy some strength rod

Edited by stephen

No the screws stop at some point.  Tried with no bar in the slot.  The bar would definitley travel withing he pedal stressing the side with shorter support.  I will update the thread when EUCO.US responds.  They have been helpful so far.  They shipped replacement pedals no problem.  Now I wonder if they sent the wrong pedals because the magnets do not align so they do no stay in the upright position. 

Edited by Paradoxedgewater

• 5 weeks later...

The Nikola pedals they shipped arrived with the magnets in the wrong position.  They did not align with the magnets in the Mten3.  I sent them back to EUCO.US and they took the grip tape off and moved the magnets to the correct position.  Now the magnets align and the pedals stay up.  It is my understanding the Nikola Plus pedals have magnets in both positions, side and center.