Glide 3/V8 - 27 MPH

Mookie

I rode 10.000km on my V8 and thought it would never let me down. It cut out on a flat road at 20mph (33km/h) and my shoulder still hurts 6 months later.

I assume you are super lightweight to have it able to balance you at 27mph but I'm not heavy either at 65kg. Know you are playing with fire.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, alcatraz said:

I rode 10.000km on my V8 and thought it would never let me down. It cut out on a flat road at 20mph (33km/h) and my shoulder still hurts 6 months later.

I assume you are super lightweight to have it able to balance you at 27mph but I'm not heavy either at 65kg. Know you are playing with fire.

@alcatrazIs there a post about your V8 wipe out? I'm curious for more details. It would be good for the OP to read a few of these wipeout posts.

@Mookie: You are playing with fire, it's not worth it.  Also, posting about how you are abusing your V8 is not very cool.

1 hour ago, Tryptych said:

@alcatrazIs there a post about your V8 wipe out? I'm curious for more details. It would be good for the OP to read a few of these wipeout posts.

@Mookie: You are playing with fire, it's not worth it.  Also, posting about how you are abusing your V8 is not very cool.

Yes there is I'll try to find it.

It didn't feel at all like a reaction to anything I did. I was just cruising and bam, like someone just cut the power. There was a slight decline, maybe 1%, and I'm hitting the tiltback like I've done for thousands of km. The app usually shows me 32.x km/h at that point.

I did unlock the higher speeds. I set 33km/h and it could do 32 with that setting. That unlock I had for around 500-1000km before it happened.

I have a modified battery that can supply more power than the original. Used it for several thousand km. 

It wasn't cold, around 10degrees or more. I had 4/5 bars on the battery. The wheel powered right up normally afterwards. 

My shoulder got dislocated (no protection can help with that). Helmet, wrist guards, motorcycle jacket, knee protection, useless in this case. I'm 99% ok now but I will never push a wheel beyond 80-90% of what the manufacturer considers max speed anymore. I just can't trust them.

The speed I went is possible to reach without unlocking the machine. I decidee that I need to assess my own max speed for a wheel. If it does 44km/h in a pickup test I set 25km/h max in the settings. My tesla does 67km/h I set 45.

No way in hell am I going to ride a wheel that does 44km/h in a pickup test at 27mph. That's just insane. You need a healthy margin. You can't trust the manufacturer to know what margin YOU need.

• Like 3

Im sure its not what you think it is. 

My assumption is thats the speed of momentary free spin while you jumped down the border or lifted your wheel up while not pressed lock button, etc.

• Like 3