Newbie questions & observations

Oily

Hi,

I acquired my first EUC last week after a lot of discussion at work about them. I wasn't going to go & spend a fortune & then not get on with it, but found a friend who had the same dilemma & had bought a £250 ebay special to see how he would get on. After a month of frustration he gave up so "loaned" me his EUC.

It arrived 10 days ago & I was like a kid at Christmas (I'm 37).....

First night was a full charge used up in the house on the leaner wheels & with the strap attached - all went fine !
2nd night I gave it a rest as my legs were still killing me !
Weekend saw no play time as family commitments got in the way.
Randomly during last week I was practising round the house with no learner wheels but with the strap still on.
I FINALLY found a Dutch video on Thursday which showed up to get on the EUC which made sense, so yesterday was my first trip outside at my in-laws as they have a long private drive with a fence on 1 side - and SUCCESS, not only could I get on, but I could stay upright & just about turn round at either end.
This morning I took the bull by the horns, and racked up 3 miles round my local estate taking in drop kerbs, some hard packed mud/gravel footpaths & a lot of wobbling.
This afternoon I was out again & even stopped at the local supermarket to collect a loaf of bread - another 3.5 miles with the local "youths" commenting that I was "sick" !!!!

Now, I know that it's a cheap Chinese model, but after 3.5 miles, I was down to my last battery light - I'm not small (6ft & 92kgs), but I was expecting a few more miles for my charge - am I just expecting too much ?

Overall I am absolutely loving it & surprised how quickly I've managed to get up to speed !

I work in London doing IT & have to go from client site to site which is no more than 2.5 miles, so this week will see me hitting the streets of London ! :D

Olly

Sounds like a great introduction to EUCs! It only gets better from here :D I'd assume yours has the lowest capacity battery (132Wh or even 88Wh) so 3.5 miles isn't shocking, especially if there is any uphill.

I'll pop the covers off tonight & have a look at the capacity of the batteries - I'm guessing 132Wh as there were a few hills thrown in for good measure.

Definitely going to have to get something with a bit more range, as I'm hoping to start commuting 7 miles (each way) on an EUC eventually ! :)

i have a 260AH? or Wh... but a 260 battery and i get about 15km with 33% left... as they say its good to leave some life left in the batteries so you don't over draw them. I've only had mine for over a week, there is two "clicking" moments for me so far. First was when i first could start and ride without holding on to walls (i did not have training wheels). The second click was just yesterday when i could lean to turn so much tighter, ride slower and just balance. Now i can ride slow enough for my GF to walk next to me and able to turn around on the sidewalk...

25 minutes ago, spikes2020 said:

i have a 260AH? or Wh... but a 260 battery and i get about 15km with 33% left... as they say its good to leave some life left in the batteries so you don't over draw them. I've only had mine for over a week, there is two "clicking" moments for me so far. First was when i first could start and ride without holding on to walls (i did not have training wheels). The second click was just yesterday when i could lean to turn so much tighter, ride slower and just balance. Now i can ride slow enough for my GF to walk next to me and able to turn around on the sidewalk...

Why not buy you girlfriend an EUC instead of letting her walk and then you can go ride together. :D

4 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Why not buy you girlfriend an EUC instead of letting her walk and then you can go ride together. :D

i just shelled out 600 bucks for mine... ill get one for her for maybe xmass or something... but it takes time.

Or if she wants one, she has a full time job and can get one herself...:P

Honestly i want one with a bigger battery already (IPS 260)... so maybe ill upgrade and hand this one to her.

Having taken the covers off last night, I do have a 2200mAh battery, which after some googling looks to be the 132Wh.

Was out again last night & did another 2 miles with my running lights on, which to be honest are better than I thought they were going to be for seeing an unlit road/pavement.

@Colestien, I'm actually thinking about re-recording the video (in English, rather than trusting the best guess Youtube sub-titles), and sticking it on Youtube. :)

In the mean time, video is here :  https://youtu.be/5Ml0MN0KxMc (he's done a few, and they are all pretty good to be honest !)

Archived