16X Beeping While Charging

Patton250

Is the 16X still having issues beeping while charging on the fast charger? I thought it stop doing that a couple of firmware updates ago. To be honest I haven’t use the fast charger in months after that one guys burned up. I have just been using the regular slow charger. But we decided to use the fast charger today and it’s beeping every 30 seconds or so. @Jason McNeil

Edited by Patton250

58 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Is the 16X still having issues beeping while charging on the fast charger? I thought it stop doing that a couple of firmware updates ago. To be honest I haven’t use the fast charger in months after that one guys burned up. I have just been using the regular slow charger. But we decided to use the fast charger today and it’s beeping every 30 seconds or so.

The v1.07 firmware has current monitoring, it will beep if set >5A, even 5.01A... Setting to 4A will suppress the chirp. Requested that KS raise the threshold to 5.5A in future FW update. 

Case the unfortunate charger incident was leaving the charger outside on a boat, exposed to the sea air. If the charger is ready ~84v, it's perfectly fine.   

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

The v1.07 firmware has current monitoring, it will beep if set >5A, even 5.01A... Setting to 4A will suppress the chirp. Requested that KS raise the threshold to 5.5A in future FW update. 

Case the unfortunate charger incident was leaving the charger outside on a boat, exposed to the sea air. If the charger is ready ~84v, it's perfectly fine.   

I’ll go look at it. It seems to me it’s charging it higher than 5 A. I looked at it 30 minutes ago and it was at 5.2 I think.  Thanks Jason!!!! You da man

• Like 1