Ks16x wheel bearings

Humsuplow

Hi all, I have issues with my current wheel bearing on my ks16x.  I am having problems removing the wheel bearings. Any of you have suggestions is greatly appreciated 

The inner bearing ring must be heated with a burner. If possible only the bearing and not the axle. Then use 2 assembly levers or a screwdriver to lift the bearing evenly upwards. Probably you have to put something between the motor and the tool to get enough leverage.

Smart-Select-20200315-093436-Samsung-Not

Edited by buell47

Definitely no, that's not enough heat. You need a strong little flame to quickly heat just the bearing ring. If it takes too long, the shaft heats up as well and this should not happen. Also because otherwise the cables will melt.

You need at least a butane torch. But I'm not sure if it's enough heat. But it's a cheap try and you can get one in your neighborhood or supermarket. 

Edited by buell47

Do you possibly have an angle grinder with a stainless steel cutting disc?

If you are skilled, you can cut the inner and outer ring with it.

Just before you hit the axle, stop and carefully open the last bit with a hammer and chisel.

• 11 months later...

Will a torch set the grease on fire (since you’re heating the bearing)? I can see it melting and making a mess, but wouldn’t want to have anything sopping up the grease that could become a wick. Probably just need to be careful.

Edited by Tawpie