[Inspiration] 4x4 offroad trails with an electric unicycle? Has anybody done it?

meepmeepmayer

Any mountain bike route is in principle open to EUC riding. But so is any 4x4 offroad track or route, if it isn't too bad (mud, big rocks).

Has anybody tried some 4x4 track, usually driven by offroad jeeps, with an electric unicycle? It seems perfect for an offroad riding experience.

Half of this topic is wondering if someone has done it, half of it is meant as inspiration for those who can to do it (and make a video for our benefit;))!

Just watch this video (the very end is the best), for example, and tell me this isn't the most glorious, incredible views and route to be attempted by an electric unicycle!:wub: And the logistics seem easy - find someone to drop you off at the start and pick you up again on the end, while they go the usual roads and enjoy their own excursion. Shouldn't be hard to find some willing trip companions in scenery like this.

So if you have the chance to do it...

Edited by meepmeepmayer
time code added (6:40)
  • Like 3

In 2015, i've taken a Segway X2 from a friends store and gone to the South of Athens, Glyfada ports.

It managed rocks and small jumps but the limit is your own power to control a machine. The X2 with two wheels may be easier to control, but a unicycle?!

With an EUC you may need a specific tyre, and related apparel, cause you are gonna fall :'D

1 hour ago, Lefteris said:

The X2 with two wheels may be easier to control, but a unicycle?!

With an EUC you may need a specific tyre, and related apparel, cause you are gonna fall :'D

A nice wide tire wheel (Nikola, 16X, MSX/MSP) should be all that's needed.

I specifically mean 4x4 tracks or routes mainly intended as such -  I don't think we have many of those in Europe, though, so this is for NA riders. Should be no harder than a mountain bike path, probably easier in most cases.

• Like 2

The otay mountain truck trail, which I have gone up every month for the past 4 months, is just this, although it is pretty well groomed with offshoots that no wheel could do. It is definitely not as majestic as the videos you posted. I'm sure an EUC would due well as long as it the rock crawling parts are walkable or not too steep.

• Like 3