Sunglasses with a rear view mirror

KiwiRoller

Hey guys,

I swear I am not trying to market products here - just trying to share something cool with the community. I stumbled over these a few days ago, and brought a pair, and thus far, they have been really awesome for riding my Tesla. Basically, there is a tiny rear-view mirror inside the sunglasses and by slightly shifting my head to the right, I can see what is happening behind me. It has made me much more confident in driving on the road here in New Zealand, where all of the drivers are fully crazy.

Thought I would share incase anyone else is looking for something similar...

• Like 2

Preety cool idea tbh, although these linked are pretty expensive iv seen others going for as low as £10 on ebay so definitely worth a punt.

Plus we really should be wearing some kind of glasses/eye protection anyway because getting dust or  a insect flying in your eyes at 15+ mph could be very very bad for us

19 hours ago, Daley1 said:

Only problem I see would be a full face helmet which extends out further than a cycle helmet? Have u tried them with anything other than a cycling helmet?

Cool idea for bike riders though.

Yeah I use a skateboard helmet which covers the sides of your face and the back of your head... not used with a full face helmet though...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on this - have been using these for a couple  of weeks now and can confirm they are pretty awesome.

My confidence on the road has significantly increased. You have to get used to a few things;

Firstly, you have to learn the right angle to set the mirror at, and learn to adjust it with your finger while riding, if it isn't in the right spot.

Then you have to get used to checking it whilst riding at speed occasionally. Then in my case, I found it was using a muscle I clearly don't use enough in my eye, because my eye was getting tired from checking. But once you have mastered those skills, it is literally as good as a car rear view mirror - you know exactly what is going on behind you at all times...

• Like 1