Wrist guard unlocking trolley

null

My wrist guard is regularly unlocking the trolley of my KS wheels, resulting typically in only one side loose so that the fixations gets pulled on at the totally wrong angle.

Anyone have a cure or technique for this? I’m a fairly careful person, but need to lift it many times during a trip.

edit: thinking raised guard around it, 3D printing..

Edited by null

From you post I understand it like the trolley do not release both stems evenly so only on get locked when you pull up the trolley handle to 1st possition. 

I have same expireance on my KS18L mostly, not so much on my KS16X. I have now made a habit to pull out to max length and then pushing it down to 1st possition. 

Personally I would have prefered stems not having the long possition, but I guess this will not happen due to feedback from some that asked for higher extention.

If I understood you wrong making a short video to show what you asked about aove. @null

The stems requiring a firm push to release simultaneously is also an issue, and I often end up fickeling (seconds but in a street it’s annoying) before getting the trolley up.

What I ment was that when I grab the handle to lift the wheel, the plastic part inside the palm of the wrist guard pushes the trolley button: a single stem release without me noticing, and when lifting, it puts 25kg as cantilever on the poor 2mm that joins the rails to the handle.

It happens so often (and is so bad for the handle) that I’m surprised it doesn’t seem to have been mentioned. Lifting when with one stem unlocked is probably the cause of most KS trolley failures..

Edited by null

Indeed, maybe different habit, or it might be the design of the wrist guard.
I try to avoid this by grabbing with the tip of fingers, but the rigid part of the protection still rests on the button.
I'll try with a fuller grab to make the protection go on the side of the handle.

(on the photo the button is half pressed down by the rigid part)

60380027639__36B8397D-5CCD-4B9D-A9B4-BC6826CC21D2.JPG

Edited by null
  • Like 1

I have used flexmeter dual sided and a mode compact design recently. But I see your point now.

You need to grab a little more from the side so the wrist guards edge don't hit the release button directly.

Another option could be to add a foam piece on either side across the handlebar ==(o) == like my (. That way you have less risk to hit button by accident. Another way is to get a piece of pipe insulation and make a handle wrap with a cutout of the release button. 

Or look for a different wrist guard shape. 

These are my small ones. 

Rollerblade Skate Gear 2019 Wrist Guards Black

20200123_165019_compress53.thumb.jpg.7c9ed9c87dd171d63357f382377a558f.jpg20200123_165034_compress34.thumb.jpg.33c9e1bcaac9ebc7ecf099f5de94316c.jpg

This is a French site I got mine from Germany.  https://www.amazon.fr/Rollerblade-Mixte-Adulte-WRISTGUARD-Protective/dp/B07NVNN3YD/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=rollerblade+wristguard+2019&qid=1582129750&sr=8-1

The flex meter are like these. 

doublesided3-900x900.jpg

1574596529906.jpg.42996a9b37889fb60456d1beb98dbd09.jpg

https://www.amazon.de/Demon-Flexmeter-Wrist-Double-Protection/dp/B00K8ORA06/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Demon+flexmetee&qid=1582129871&sr=8-3-spell#

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

Thanks for the pictures, yours seem to do a bit wider and less far front. I'll try to force grabbing more from the side, although the plastic part being on the side of the handle will push it further from the wrist, thus being "heavier" by cantilever.

Will probably try a protection around the button like you mentioned, can make one in 3D print.

4 minutes ago, null said:

Thanks for the pictures, yours seem to do a bit wider and less far front. I'll try to force grabbing more from the side, although the plastic part being on the side of the handle will push it further from the wrist, thus being "heavier" by cantilever.

Will probably try a protection around the button like you mentioned, can make one in 3D print.

I think you will find foam pieces and pipe insulation more comfortable to hold. 

Most DIY stores have this and fairly cheap. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the further pics!
Regarding flexmeters: I should probably upgrade my gear someday anyway, currently using Decathlon's (entry-level) rollerblade set. which is very OK for the price, however might lack a bit at higher speeds.

Edited by null