KS 18L brief moment of panic

Circuitmage

Having had my 18L since release, and going through all the FW update issues, lift sensor problems, and changing the control board...I have not had any issues in many many months.

Today, I turned it off as I usually do to lift it up a short flight of stairs as I do every day and went to turn it back on....LEDs froze with top light on RED and no power for a second...with audible , "WARNING OVER VOLTAGE". 

OMG, did this thing lock up again like it did to me right after I got it 2 times!?

I was able to turn it off quickly and turn it back on, and everything is back to normal as I walked it into my workspace. I hope.

I assume this was the great FW update of 1.10 way back when, since I did not do the latest update ( that got redacted, but then some people did it...whatever).

Gotta watch these things. I want to say that maybe I have seen that 2 or 3 times at the most. Still makes me cautious. And, this just happens to be a day I decided not to wear any safety gear (but go slower and more cautiously).

22 hours ago, Circuitmage said:

I assume this was the great FW update of 1.10 way back when, since I did not do the latest update ( that got redacted, but then some people did it...whatever).

Use the EUC World app to load the latest firmware and make sure you recalibrate the wheel afterwards.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Just an update. Since updating to FW2.0  around Feb, have not had any problems.

Still a great machine. Can get to my 2.1mi train station in 6-8 mins. :)

I overestimated my ride mileage before...I'm at around 2k miles and still keeping an eye on my tire for wear, but still have some tread.