Lovely Cankle Protection

7iDP Control Ankle Protection - Like a baby learning to amble, my ECU development also included some scrapes and bruises. Perhaps the most painful and off putting were pedal whacks to the skins.  I learned on a 9Bot1E+, and man that little monster when dropped would turn into a blender and eviscerate the shins. Evil sharp metal pedals. The thought of squeezing the wheel with nicked up ankles still brings tears to my eyes. Knees, wrist, head and elbows everything else was armored why not the ankles!   

300km latter I’m still using the 7iDP. I’m not affiliated with the product in any way, but man I love these pads.  They slide over my socks; I ride in, wear them all day long at work. They’re like happy little pillows for my ankles. So, I haven’t dropped my wheel in months, and I’m no longer squeezing. but they do make for a very comfy ride. The 7iDP mixed with my Five Ten Freeriders have made me a very happy boy, and no more tears.

20200207_131046_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

:o you will destroy the sole of those 5Ten in a week!!. when dismounting, I normally beat the hell out of my shoes. Those ones are too grippy and soft and wont last long... Love those shoes to ride my bike. But not for EUC's

IMHO 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sebrios said:

destroy the sole of those 5Ten in a week!!

:blink1: Holy smokes what do you do to your shoes!  I'm saving for an upgrade now, but I don't think my 9Bot1 is putting the same stress on my shoes as your MSX would.  Quite a bit more speed, mass and power. So far there holding up well to my 3km commute but maybe not so much with a more powerful wheel. I mtb with them too!

4 hours ago, Sebrios said:

:o you will destroy the sole of those 5Ten in a week!!. when dismounting, I normally beat the hell out of my shoes. Those ones are too grippy and soft and wont last long... Love those shoes to ride my bike. But not for EUC's

IMHO 

He's riding a Ninebot One E+.....it doesn't have griptape on the pedals. You need the gummiest grippiest shoes if you are going to ride an EUC like that, especially if it's wet outside. I would wear non-slip service shoes when I rode my 9bot1, only way I felt secure.

• Like 1