Cst tyres for Dualtron ultra

Sy john1

Hi, I’ve recently bought a set of tubeless cst road tyres for my ultra but they’re tubeless and the off road tyres I have are tubed tyres, can I put the tubes into the tubeless or will the ultra hubs be air tight? It would be easier if I could use my tubes but don’t want to start and be a bust!? 

I see no problem using tubes with tubeless tires. The ride may be slightly harder than intended though, since the inner tube slightly restricts the shock absorbing properties of the tire.

I looked into converting my cyclocross bicycle into tubeless.

After that video, and a few others, screw that. I've ridden tubeless; they aren't all that a Schrader innertube and Continental puncture resistant tires can't come close to.

The OP wants to use a tube inside a tubeless tire, not convert to tubeless.

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

After that video, and a few others, screw that.

EUC rims don’t have spokes, so even going tubeless is a bit more straightforward. Although, finding and fitting a suitable tubeless valve requires some intent, as the system is clearly not designed for them.

I converted my MSX (with a H-666 tire at the time) to tubeless. As a result it absorbed curbs a bit better, but the advantage was in no way proportional to the amount of work required with the valve install and getting the first seal.

On 12/24/2019 at 6:35 PM, mrelwood said:

I see no problem using tubes with tubeless tires. The ride may be slightly harder than intended though, since the inner tube slightly restricts the shock absorbing properties of the tire.

Thanks for your reply I’m going to just try it and will let you know how it goes! 

• Like 1