Monster V3: a high maintenance wheel. Would you fix your BT speaker/module or leave it?

photorph

1) Gotway didn't do up the pedals correctly: no problem, I can tighten those and put loctite

2) Axle nut is not tight enough, known issue.  I can make it click by rocking it back and forth.  No problem, I've done a few of these.  I know where to get the 24 mm socket to tighten it.

3) Bluetooth speaker module, or speaker is not working.  On the plus side, there is no obnoxious tone on start up.  On the negative side, phone doesn't even detect the gotway music.  Does this effect anything?  Likely not, but just slightly annoying that there is a speaker and a Bluetooth speaker module in there just sitting there for no purpose.  

4) There's 3 screws under the pads where the shell is, the pads get destroyed 50% of the time when you are trying to peel them back.  Maybe if someone uses heat and is a lot more patient than me, this issue won't be there.

5) Screws that hold the shell were either too loose, too tight, and some just stripped

6) Relative to other wheels, water proofing isn't the greatest.  Speakers leave opening.  Fan under control board facing up, water can drop on it directly potentially.

Purpose of this?  Really has to do with issue #3.  Would you just leave it and not worry about the speakers?  Or would you do everything in your power to figure out if it's the BT module or speaker that has a issue...then source those replacement parts, and do the swap.   Debating this so thought I'd get other people's opinions, has anyone done this?  

Edited by photorph
  • Like 2

I don't want to listen to music on my euc anyway as I think most people that have music on is annoying. I don't want to be THAT guy listening to music that people hate as I drive around, but that is just me. 

The bluetooth music in mine wasn't working initially, but I think the module wasn't fully inserted into its socket. There was no silicone securing the module like there was on my Nikola. After reprogramming mine with a custom name and startup tone, I secured it with white silicone goop. I use music so cyclists and other motorists hear me, even if it is annoying.

As for water proofing, I did the speaker mods folks have done for the Nikola, and then I added some thin neoprene tape around the little caps above the main panels, since water can just go straight in there and bypass the gasket around the main side panels.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, redfoxdude said:

The bluetooth music in mine wasn't working initially, but I think the module wasn't fully inserted into its socket. There was no silicone securing the module like there was on my Nikola. After reprogramming mine with a custom name and startup tone, I secured it with white silicone goop. I use music so cyclists and other motorists hear me, even if it is annoying.

As for water proofing, I did the speaker mods folks have done for the Nikola, and then I added some thin neoprene tape around the little caps above the main panels, since water can just go straight in there and bypass the gasket around the main side panels.

How did you reprogram yours?  I may have to PM you.  

1 hour ago, Bri said:

I’ve never had the startup Gotway sound I just thought that was an update to the V3?

Do you still have the bluetooth speaker working?  If so then you are all set.  

9 hours ago, Bri said:

I’ve never had the startup Gotway sound I just thought that was an update to the V3?

Yeah, my Monster V3 didn't have the bluetooth startup sound, either! I was worried at first that my bluetooth module was DOA, haha.