Gotway Tesla V2: Disable the bluetooth speaker ???

michmuch

Hello guys!

Is there a way to disable the start/stop noisy sound announce on the bluetooth speaker in the Tesla V2 ???

Or Is there a way to totally disable the speaker (without physically remove it) ???

Thanks

Unplugging the speaker wires from the mainboard would do the trick.

There is also a $2 delay circuit sold at Ebay that would let you mute the speakers for the duration of the startup sound, after which the speakers would work normally. It requides a little work on the wiring, but it is fairly easy and straightforward. I posted details and the link in the ”Nikola startup sound” thread.

• Like 2

Back in my KS16S I just unplugged all speakers. But that was fine because KingSongs tilt back to stop you from killing yourself on low battery.

Gotways don't tilt back and only beep, so... Disconnect, but be meticulous about your battery charge. :-)

Delay circuit looks like the best option, thx mrelwood! :thumbup:

@mrelwood Thank you !

I've found those 2 topics :

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/14420-nikola-speaker-mod/

https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/15302-gotway-nikola-annoying-bluetooth-sound

But as I'm french and not electronician, I didn't catch all technical words and details...

Is there a clear tutoriel for novicer like me or picture / schema with reference of parts used, please ?

3 hours ago, atdlzpae said:

Gotways don't tilt back and only beep, so... Disconnect, but be meticulous about your battery charge. :-)

On all EUCs the beeps are played through a separate beeper, not the speakers. Unplugging the speakers is safe. Unless there are some spoken warnings you rely on of course...

3 hours ago, atdlzpae said:

Delay circuit looks like the best option, thx mrelwood! :thumbup:

No problem! I’d have installed one in a heartbeat if I had a Nikola.

2 hours ago, michmuch said:

Is there a clear tutoriel for novicer like me or picture / schema with reference of parts used, please ?

Unfortunately not that I know of. But it’s nothing else than to cut a few wires, strip the ends, and screw them in the correct connectors. I can try to further help you in writing if you wish.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Unfortunately not that I know of. But it’s nothing else than to cut a few wires, strip the ends, and screw them in the correct connectors. I can try to further help you in writing if you wish.

That would be very kind, thank you !

I'll contact you when I'll received the Tesla. ;)

• Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 10:08 AM, michmuch said:

That would be very kind, thank you !

I'll contact you when I'll received the Tesla. ;)

Sure! If you open up the wheel and take a photo or two to show the audio board and the speaker cabling, I should be able to write a detailed guide.

ugh i didnt know they had added it on the tesla too... wtf goes through peoples minds when they do stuff like this, do they think anyone on the face of this planet wants to hear that ridiculously annoying tone very loudly every single time they start up their euc??? in public??? whyyyyy.. i unplugged the speakers on my nikola toot sweet after hearing that stupid noise

Edited by Rywokast

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again

I'm back cuz I received my Tesla V2 since last week-end, and I've been using it daily this week.

I don't know how loud is the Nikola's start sound but the Tesla one is actually not that loud I thought, so for the moment I think I would keep it as it is ;)