true weight limit for xiaomi ninebot mini

Hi guys, I am thinking to buy the xiaomi ninebot mini. You can buy it for a very sweet price in Germany 199 euros (220usd).

However, I am a big guy 110kg (242lbs) and the manufacturer suggests up to 85kg (187pounds). 

Is there any big guy who has tested it?

Will it work but slower?

Will it work but with less mileage? (I guess that for sure)

Will it not work at all?

Will I break it?

Thanks!

I own and have followed discussion on the Segway Ninebot MiniPro. I don’t know if it differs from the Xiaomi branded one.

The MiniPro struggles with a 90kg rider already on small obstacles and medium inclines. I was 92kg + gear when I rode mine more last winter, and while it was possible to get a good bit of fun out of the vehicle, it was obviously made for lighter riders. I had to be quite vigilant at all times, since the MiniPro might not properly clear obstacles that are easy to miss.

At 110kg, I wouldn’t bother. Already the overload warnings and the speed reduction that follows will drive you crazy, as you won’t be able to ride up anything but very shallow inclines.

It will also be slower and have less range, but the real danger are the obstacles (bumps, stones, roots, potholes, etc) that the MiniPro won’t be able to clear. They often result in the rider crashing to the ground.

Edited by mrelwood

the segway mini pro seems to have a 100kg limit, so if you say it struggles then you are completely right it is not worth to even try the non pro which has 85kg limit!

I ll lose some weight and might try then :D

Thanks a lot! 

• Like 1

The miniPRO designers wrote a blog, which although in Chinese, translates well in Chrome or Google Translate. It is worth spending the time to read. The designers weight limit for the platform was 85Kg, and that was for the bigger battery pack. The higher limit came only from marketing folk. Take a look at the BLOG:

http://bbs.ninebot.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4100&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D43 1/23

I weigh 90Kg, and have been thrown twice by the platform, which cuts off, apparently without cause. Both time my ligaments took months to recover (although my bones luckily remained intact). There is a thread talking about this design fault elsewhere on the forum.I don't use the miniPROs any more, I have 4 sitting in a corner of the garage...I now use the massive Airwheel S5+ (off-road) and a Fiido D2 electric bike when speed is preferred...

Edited by trevmar

• 9 months later...

I have standard mini (700W), I weight 95kg and I am almost 2m tall.  I drove about 1000 km without any problem - 500 with sthandard speed + 500 unlocked up to 25km/h.  My normal travel speed is about 20km/h.  I think that cutting off without warning may be because too old battery or bad contact between battery and board or other fault.  It never happened to me any cut off compare to cheap china howerboards where it is normal with standard cheap battery pack and bigger weight.I have standard mini (700W), I weight 95kg and I am almost 2m tall.  I drove about 1000 km without any problem - 500 with sthandard speed + 500 unlocked up to 25km/h.  My normal travel speed is about 20km/h.  I think that cutting off without warning may be because too old battery or bad contact between battery and board or other fault.  It never happened to me any cut off compare to cheap china howerboards where it is normal with standard cheap battery pack and bigger weight.