Can't top-off the battery

Ed

I've used my 9B1 twice so far, yesterday and today afterwards, I connected it to recharge it.

Both times, the battery charge doesn't go over 70-73%, always stops around that point.

Anyone know what's up?

Can you measure how much voltage the charger itself is giving out (when not connected to the wheel)? It should be around 15 * 4.2V = 63V. If it's less than that, it won't probably charge your batteries to full (ie. the charger is faulty).

Edit: Looks like you already did that in the other thread... next best guesses, faulty BMS, cell or voltage measurement circuitry in mainboard. Not sure if much else than replacement can be done, once the culprit is identified.

Sigh.  The very last thing I want to do is send this back to china for service.

I bought this device to use it for commuting (4 miles a day).  220Wh @ 70% charge SHOULD last me that long but it's going to be tiltback-ing the last mile. I do weigh very close to 120kg <_< so can't expect much more distance than that. If it did have full charge, could probably get 10 miles out of 220Wh.

So my first and less expensive option is: purchase an additional charger (extra for the office)

2nd option: purchase new battery, perhaps a E+ 360Wh to throw into my C+ (if that's do-able?)

3rd option: purchase whole new (more powerful) unit

Perhaps overtime I'll do them all.

Please, note that a battery that is 70% after charge, could be lower actually.

More than 50% of the battery in my ninebot is between 100% and 70%.

When the battery is below 70% or 60% I can only do 8 km or less.

On 2015-10-26 00:25:28, Ed said:

Sigh.  The very last thing I want to do is send this back to china for service.

I bought this device to use it for commuting (4 miles a day).  220Wh @ 70% charge SHOULD last me that long but it's going to be tiltback-ing the last mile. I do weigh very close to 120kg <_< so can't expect much more distance than that. If it did have full charge, could probably get 10 miles out of 220Wh.

So my first and less expensive option is: purchase an additional charger (extra for the office)

2nd option: purchase new battery, perhaps a E+ 360Wh to throw into my C+ (if that's do-able?)

3rd option: purchase whole new (more powerful) unit

Perhaps overtime I'll do them all.

Where did you buy yours?

Archived