4. Firmware basic code is damaged
  5. Wrong operation

The main process of upgrading cover
a. successfully connect with the wheel
b. successfully connect with APP server
c. download the selected firmware(bin file) from APP server
d. installing the firmware (bin file) into the controller board
e. successfully installation of new firmware

The normal standard data bluetooth signal for mobile APP side and the wheel is 20 meters,  music bluetooth signal is 15 meters, without other affected wireless signal in the surrounding.

So normally speaking data bluetooth will be strong than music bluetooth. But during upgrade, the bluetooth connection keep stable within 3 meters.

1. Network Issue
For IOS 1.3, the download speed for firmware bin file, 4G is fast than WiFi. But if use IOS 1.4, the download speed will be equal.
For Android 3.0.7, the download speed for firmware bin file, 4G has no difference than WIFI.
So choose the stable network is essential for EUC upgrade

2. App Identificated wrongly
Currently, i have to admit our APP is not so perfect as all people anticipate, and lots of feedback about APP wrong identificate the firmware version whether it's the newest. This is APP bug, and i will give pressure to APP department to checking the firmware identificating code, maybe it can be totally solved in October.

Like KS-16X firmware is V1.06, while when i connect the wheel with APP, it read that firmware is not completed and request me to click upgrade firmware. But i click check firmware, it says the firmware is the latest. V1.07, still on the way to APP server.

3. Data bluetooth release weak signal strength
The normal standard data bluetooth signal for mobile APP side and the wheel is 20 meters,  music bluetooth signal is 15 meters, without other affected wireless signal in the surrounding.
So normally speaking data bluetooth will be strong than music bluetooth. But during upgrade, the bluetooth connection keep stable within 3 meters.

4. Firmware basic code is damaged

When the firwmare basic code is damaged, it's hard to drive the firmware by press the power button. No light, when you lay down the wheel and rotate the wheel with your hand without any resistance.

5. Wrong operation

The firmware upgrading will be stopped by closing APP, power off the wheel, netwrok lose, closing GPS/Bluetooth, or mobile phone is power off.

From firmware 1.06, it use new system structure, so it's special to lay the wheel down to the ground. Left pad touch the ground. Before you click firmware upgrade from 1.00 / 1.01/1.05

If anyone face such issues, can post your video here and i will send demo video for all kinds of failure.

Thanks for all guys who love riding KS-16X.

Edited by Micheal Shen
  • Like 3

Thanks for info @Micheal Shen 

Speaking of 1.07 when is it going to drop? 

@stephen was told last week but here we are moving on to the next week. :sadpanda: 

This throttling is annoying. 

Also what is the latest on the King Song iOS update that fixes not having battery levels? 

• Like 1