Kingsong 16x firmware 1.01 and 1.06 difference

skautas2003

FWIW I put over 500 miles on v1.01 and enjoyed it with no compromises in safety.

Currently on 1.05 and haven’t noticed much difference.

I’m only seeing complaints about 1.06 - I get the impression it’s a heavy nerf for the sake of “safety”.

Edited by chrisjunlee
  • Like 1

If it ain't broke, don't fix it !

Still using 1.05 which is what my wheel started out with.

BTW, What's this bluetooth mod all about?

Imagine buying a new car and then having to constantly research all the forums and websites to see if you have the latest software / firmware to make it work properly.

5 minutes ago, Juggler said:

Imagine buying a new car and then having to constantly research all the forums and websites to see if you have the latest software / firmware to make it work properly.

If I bought a $2,000 car I would expect as much.

I am on the fence about upgrading to 1.06 from 1.05, the grinding stopping would be nice and I only ride 20 Mph ish anyway so the throttling isn't a big issue other than the principle of the matter. If I was a speedster I would be pissed about it. As many others have also said I imagine King Song will adjust this with a future update.

4 hours ago, prasket said:

If I bought a $2,000 car I would expect as much.

I am on the fence about upgrading to 1.06 from 1.05, the grinding stopping would be nice and I only ride 20 Mph ish anyway so the throttling isn't a big issue other than the principle of the matter. If I was a speedster I would be pissed about it. As many others have also said I imagine King Song will adjust this with a future update.

The grinding is Kingsong’s proprietary anti-fatigue feature. Only activates on low speeds.

35 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

The grinding is Kingsong’s proprietary anti-fatigue feature. Only activates on low speeds.

It much more noticeable now than it was before. Before I really only noticed it when going down steep hills. 

What does an “anti-fatigue” feature do? Massage your feet, ha? 

12 minutes ago, prasket said:

It much more noticeable now than it was before. Before I really only noticed it when going down steep hills. 

What does an “anti-fatigue” feature do? Massage your feet, ha? 

Try re-calibrating? Early on, I remember it was more frequent until I re-calibrated.

The anti-fatigue vibrations aid in vasodilating the medial longitudinal arch, temporarily increasing the recovery throughput rate. For the 16XL coming out next week, they're building the taptic engine into the pedals itself.

:3 

Edited by chrisjunlee

There's part of my commute that has a number of paved sweeping high speed turns of various increasing and decreasing circumferences, with some increase and decrease in elevation. When I was riding on 1.01 the pedals would feel soft and decrease my confidence after some of these turns; so I would slow down. I'm now on 1.05 (not 1.06 yet, sorry if this isn't helpful to specifically your question) and the pedals feel absolutely solid through all that the path can throw at it; I am now comfortable cruising through this stuff at speed.

This is really the only thing I can notice other than the absence of the "floating pedal tilting / oscillation issue" which if you're not getting then don't worry about it.