Jump to content
skautas2003

Kingsong 16x firmware 1.01 and 1.06 difference

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have experience and could describe difference between those firmware versions.

I am riding 1.01 is it worth to update to 1.06?Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW I put over 500 miles on v1.01 and enjoyed it with no compromises inĀ safety.

Currently on 1.05 and havenā€™t noticed much difference.

Iā€™m only seeing complaintsĀ about 1.06 - I get the impression itā€™sĀ a heavy nerf for the sake of ā€œsafetyā€.

Edited by chrisjunlee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it ain't broke, don't fix it !

Still using 1.05 which is what my wheel started out with.

Ā BTW, What's this bluetooth mod all about?

Imagine buying a new car and then having to constantly research all the forums and websites to see if you have the latest software / firmware to make it work properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Juggler said:

Imagine buying a new car and then having to constantly research all the forums and websites to see if you have the latest software / firmware to make it work properly.

If I bought a $2,000 car I would expect as much.

I am on the fence about upgrading to 1.06 from 1.05, the grinding stopping would be nice and I only ride 20 Mph ish anyway so the throttling isn't a big issue other than the principle of the matter. If I was a speedster I would be pissed about it. As many others have also said I imagine King Song will adjust this with a future update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, prasket said:

If I bought a $2,000 car I would expect as much.

I am on the fence about upgrading to 1.06 from 1.05, the grinding stopping would be nice and I only ride 20 Mph ish anyway so the throttling isn't a big issue other than the principle of the matter. If I was a speedster I would be pissed about it. As many others have also said I imagine King Song will adjust this with a future update.

The grinding is Kingsongā€™s proprietary anti-fatigue feature. Only activates on low speeds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

The grinding is Kingsongā€™s proprietary anti-fatigue feature. Only activates on low speeds.

It much more noticeable now than it was before. Before I really only noticed it when going down steep hills.Ā 

Ā 

What does an ā€œanti-fatigueā€ feature do? Massage your feet, ha?Ā 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, prasket said:

It much more noticeable now than it was before. Before I really only noticed it when going down steep hills.Ā 

What does an ā€œanti-fatigueā€ feature do? Massage your feet, ha?Ā 

Try re-calibrating? Early on, I remember it was more frequent until I re-calibrated.

The anti-fatigue vibrations aid in vasodilating theĀ medialĀ longitudinal arch, temporarily increasing the recovery throughput rate. For theĀ 16XLĀ coming out next week, they're building the taptic engine into the pedals itself.

:3Ā 

Edited by chrisjunlee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's part of my commute that has a number of paved sweeping high speed turns of various increasing and decreasing circumferences, with some increase and decrease in elevation. When I was riding on 1.01 the pedals would feel soft and decrease my confidence after some of these turns; so I would slow down. I'm now on 1.05 (not 1.06 yet, sorry if this isn't helpful to specifically your question) and the pedals feel absolutely solid through all that the path can throw at it; I am now comfortable cruising through this stuff at speed.

This is really the only thing I can notice other than the absence of the "floating pedal tilting / oscillation issue" which if you're not getting then don't worry about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...