Ninebot one C+ just a hair slow

Jake Woodard

I am new to the hobby, having a great time! But my unicycle seems just a half tick slow.  It says it can go 13 mph but when i get to 11-12 it kicks way back and forces me to slow down.  I have experience on an inmotion unicycle my buddy owns and i found 14 mph to be the ideal traveling speed for me to comfortably ride.  Is there any way to get my max speed up to 15-16 mph?  I see a program called ninetool but am not sure if it will work for me and dont want to risk trying it without confirmation that it will increase my speed. 

Thanks in advance gor any help!!

• 2 weeks later...

NINETOOL will do the job, but you must get a payed code from the develloper via Email/Paypal. It can change the firmware to other models of the ninebot one lineup, including a "super" Version that goes up to 30KPH (calculate miles yourself). But you can probably do the same via  Speed2Increase without any payment

The problem though is that with increasing speed the reserve power to keep the wheel balanced decreases. The higher the speed, the better are the chances that the wheel will not be able to keep up when hitting a pothole and the rider will faceplant.

For me the great advantage is that I CAN go faster. On average I don't ride faster than before, but I can travel around 20-22kph and do not get the annoying beeps and tilting every minute. And I am able to keep up in a group with others that have bigger machines. I will not ride constantly at 30kph. I know that this is not what this device is built for.

On 9/20/2019 at 8:25 PM, Jake Woodard said:

Thanks for the info guys!  I will work on a battery upgrade first and once i have that squared away i will jack it up a bit.

That's my goal, too. the faster speeds, that you get will drain the battery faster and together with battery aging anyways I can do about 15-20km now. When new and unpatched, my s2 did 26-28km on one charge.

Have you got any ideas how to do the upgrade? I am thinking how to put 2x15 extra cells plus 2 BMS's inside the Body. That would not work without greater modifications though. On the other hand, adding 2 Packs of 15 cells externally is also a problem, because I don't know how to mount them on the slick surface and the old solution by Speedy Feet looks a bit ugly and very impractical. Adding just 15cells (double one battery) could be a solution, but how to wire it? Double one side of battery would bring asymmetrical charging and discharging. Will the controller handle it well enough?