Wheel/tire off-center

Raymundo

Just received my KS16X. Wheel looks off center like my MSX when it arrived, at least the tire is not rubbing on one side. Doesn't look bad from the back. Just from the front.

I know this common, but can it be adjusted by taking the wheel apart and putting it back together more carefully than Kingsong did the first time?

• Like 1

Update: I measured the distance between the rim and the shell (or chassis) on each side (Right side = 20.6 & Left side = 24.6 mm) with a difference of about 4 mm. So, the motor and rim are off center by 2 mm. Moving it over 2 mm to the left would center it.

Edited by Raymundo
Error
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Raymundo said:

Update: I measured the distance between the rim and the shell (or chassis) on each side (Right side = 20.6 & Left side = 24.6 mm) with a difference of about 4 mm. So, the motor and rim are off center by 4 mm. Moving it over 2 mm to the left would center it.

I have EUCs where the wheel is not centered. Has zero affect on the ride quality. Unless it keeps you from sleeping at night I would just ride and enjoy the wheel.

If it's only the tire, deflate it, wiggle it around so the tube and tire sit evenly everywhere, and inflate it again. That should do it.

I use imgbb.com for quick and easy, account-optional picture uploads.Post the picture url directly (right click/long tap - copy link address, and paste it here). For a few smaller pictures, the forum itself also allows to upload pictures.

Thanks for the help and comments.

I've been deflating and massaging the tire and tube. The tire is pretty loose so I can rotate it on the rim. I'm marking (on the tire) the closest tire spots to the chassis and trying to make it uniform and not wobble the best I can. I don't think I can center it without taking it apart.

I'm wondering if you take it apart to change the tube, can the motor be more centered to the chassis or shell?

Not sure, but I don't believe disassembling will do much. You'll just assemble it the same way it is now. So unless there is a manufacturing error...

But of course you can try, it can't hurt. Maybe you see more then.

No wheel tire is perfectly even and centered, if you don't notice during riding, it's no problem. If the motor itself is crooked, contact your seller.

• Like 1

Update: After I massaged the deflated tube and rotated the tire and re-inflated it to 35 PSI the tire barely wobbles. Everything is still off-center, but enough clearance that the tire is not rubbing. I'm taking Marty's advice and just riding the wheel. 

I'm fairly new to EUCs so it's great to get info from more experienced riders (and mechanics).

I love this wheel!! It immediately feels like my MSX but nimble like my MCM5!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Raymundo said:

Update: After I massaged the deflated tube and rotated the tire and re-inflated it to 35 PSI the tire barely wobbles. Everything is still off-center, but enough clearance that the tire is not rubbing. I'm taking Marty's advice and just riding the wheel. 

I'm fairly new to EUCs so it's great to get info from more experienced riders (and mechanics).

I love this wheel!! It immediately feels like my MSX but nimble like my MCM5!

Good choice. If it doesn't affect the ride, you'll soon forget about it. As you have more and more experience you'll start to totally overlook "small" things like this. Because at the end of the day, it's all about the ride, not whether our wheels are scratched, off-center, etc.