Need tips on how to remove a pedal axel from Jason pedals on KS18L 1st batch

Unventor

I had to check and clean and lubricate my oedals as they sound bad flipping up or down. Grinding sound of sand/dirt/dust between axel and metal spring. 

Some time back I had a 25kmh accident clipping a curb with my Jason pedals. 

It seems the axel rod might be slightly bend, so I can't remove it. I don’t dark to hit more hard than I did today, incase I bend/misalign/damage pedal axel/arm or motor unit. 

I could removed the umbraco olt but the axel rod seems stuck properly slightly bend. Any suggestion on how to get this out? 

wd40 or some other lubricant and work it in there then beat it out, no choice but to get a hammer and knock it out but you are aware that the extended pedals rod gets inserted from the side of the pedal with the "K" in kingsong, so it can only come out the same side.. 

Yes I mounted myself so I do know it only comes out the side I took out the bolt. 

I also found the outershell attackment had broken off on one side of a side cover. So I need a new inner shell to fix it, so I decided to postpone the repair until I know cost of parts. 

So no wheeling until I get my KS16X, hopefully within next 2 weeks... 😭

20 hours ago, Rywokast said:

wd40 or some other lubricant and work it in there then beat it out, no choice but to get a hammer and knock it out but you are aware that the extended pedals rod gets inserted from the side of the pedal with the "K" in kingsong, so it can only come out the same side.. 

Thank you for your suggedtions. 

I fid try to use some oil/lubricant/desolvaiant for door mounts (I forgot the English word for it). 

Then found a bigger hammer and a better fitting screwdtiver rod and applied more force. So now the axel rod is out. You can't see the bend on it but if you roll it on a flat desk you can hear it rolls unevenly. 

Lucky I have rods from old pedals and ther were like 3-4 months old before replacing them. So I can use one of those once I get a new inner structure shell. 

Thanks a lot with your answer @Rywokast it helped me to rethink how yo apply force on the rod. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, neurokinetik said:

Angle grinder with a cutoff wheel was how I fixed mine.  It was so bent there was no way it was coming out.

IMG_2601.jpg

How did you get it that bend? That must have taken some emence force. 

7 minutes ago, neurokinetik said:

A minivan ran over the pedal. 

Ouch, is the wheel otherwise OK? I take you escaped the minivan. 

Yeah, had to replace the pedal and the rod, but otherwise no damage, and I hopped away from the wheel when it happened, so no injuries, either.  The van was barely moving when this happened.  It just decided to pull out of its parking spot right as I was about to pass in front of it.  I was more annoyed with having to trolley the wheel the remaining 2 miles in hot sunny weather, and having decided to wear a black shirt that day.  <_<

This was months and several hundred miles ago.

Edited by neurokinetik

6 hours ago, neurokinetik said:

Angle grinder with a cutoff wheel was how I fixed mine.  It was so bent there was no way it was coming out.

IMG_2601.jpg

how tf did that bend like that without literally shattering everything including the pedal arm lol.. wow

Edited by Rywokast

1 minute ago, neurokinetik said:

Well, the pedal looked much worse from having that rod ripped right out of the side of it.  The arm was fine.

good to know how tough the pedal arms are haha