How to control EUC one footed?

AlexEssex

Hi All,

Im day two of EUC practice and to be honest Im struggling with some real basics. So im learning to just sensitise my feet and legs with wheel and what Im finding hard at the moment is just controlling my ninebot with one foot on ground and one foot on pedal. The bot seems to just point away from me and want to go forward left or forward right. Its a real struggle to keep it just straight or do arc movements, basically the wheel is doing its own things and my leg seems to be taken with it. Also my legs doesnt rest centrally on the cushioned pad of my E+ and much before it, so it feels awkward. If my leg is to rest centrally on the pad then the top of my foot will be quite far forward over the pedal. I have watched countless vids and NB vids but the basics seems to be harder than i thought, its quite hard to control a very heavy motorised device with just one foot. I can stand and dismount and pivot forward and back while holding on to something, but the one foot control is challenging. Is this normal or are my legs just weird or summin lol?

Thanks. 

Alex

Yeah I pretty much switch it on when I can and just practice trying to control it one footed, but it has a mind of its own! I wont ever give up! Trying to teach my legs and feet that this is natural now haha! 

Edited by AlexEssex

If your left foot is on the pedal then you should be ridding with your left knee over the right pedal. The wheel will go straight. Riding on one leg with small wheels is very awkward and difficult.

14 hours ago, Yellowman said:

Anyone practice one foot riding on a heavy wheel? 40lbs+ ?

I do on my 18XL. it is much easier to control. I ride fast on one leg sometimes when i need to adjust my feet or stretch them out.

Just found out my foot was too far back on pedal, I have shifted foot a lot more forward and it makes a lot of difference. Unfortunately, everything is just trial and error, so more happy with foot position now!

14 hours ago, Yellowman said:

Anyone practice one foot riding on a heavy wheel? 40lbs+ ?

its a lot easier the bigger/heavier the wheel... on a 14 inch wheel its so light and so reactive that any tiny mistake could send you flying, but a more grounded, larger wheel will be largely unaffected by small deviations so you have a much larger margin for error and its a lot easier to do.. at least thats what ive found.. wheels that are on the thin side without padding jutting out into your shin (18L) are better for this also because they dont cause an extreme pressure point in the dominant leg when doing it.. doing it on a ninebot one is like someone taking a golf club to my shin

Just now, AlexEssex said:

Just found out my foot was too far back on pedal, I have shifted foot a lot more forward and it makes a lot of difference. Unfortunately, everything is just trial and error, so more happy with foot position now!

i always found foot position on the ninebot one to be optimally very forward.. like almost uncomfortable so because the pedals are so small, most wheels i tend to be centered but it depends on each one, ninebot one has always been far forwards, especially for maneuvers and backwards riding.. idk why perhaps its centre of gravity is more to the front, although im not sure since it stands perfectly upright against a wall easily

23 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

i always found foot position on the ninebot one to be optimally very forward.. like almost uncomfortable so because the pedals are so small, most wheels i tend to be centered but it depends on each one, ninebot one has always been far forwards, especially for maneuvers and backwards riding.. idk why perhaps its centre of gravity is more to the front, although im not sure since it stands perfectly upright against a wall easily

Well, my findings matches your findings, so I think we are both right, atleast I know where I stand now (sorry for the pun haha). Its all about the practice now, I'll get there! Thanks for sharing this!

• Like 1