The "batman" NInebot S2...yay or nay?

Eddie A. Steiner

I have a chance to pick up a NEW batman S2 for around $600, thinking about it, what do you veterans think? I currently learned on my NB1 E and have my NEW KS 18L on the way but this seems like a pretty good deal, what do you think? Seems like I'm starting my collection early lol!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2019 at 10:50 AM, Eddie A. Steiner said:

Oh well ....picked it up anyhow. THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK! Anyways, love the new ride! I picked one up for $590 and find it very smooth! great in between wheel from my KS 18L and my NB1 E.

I think the Batman model is collectable, but personally wouldn't buy them unless as a gift for new and/or very young riders. 

Glad to hear you still appreciate the old Ninebots, though. There are very few of us left, so almost no one pays attention to posts about them anymore.

You can always message me directly instead.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know no one cares about the S2 anymore, but I have to tell you it's my go to wheel. As I said previously, I own a KS 18L and a beginner NB E and I still reach for my S2. I don't understand why this wheel got put on the back burner...it's a great wheel. I know it doesn't do 30 mph or go 30 miles or more, but still this is a great wheel! It's not too heavy, has the cutoff switch built into the handle and VERY nimble! I just love grabbing this wheel and hitting my favorite bike trail and carving it up! Yes, it's not made for off road but honestly that doesn't appeal to me nor does going 20+ mph in full gear. Anyways, I know there is no interest anymore in these wheels and that's totally okay with me, means there still will be some around if I ever need another one, lol. Call me a newbie but I really love the feel of this ride.