Charge and ride / external battery?

chrisjunlee

ive been curious about this for some time.. sometimes i go on 100 km rides and want to go more lol,, if it was possible to ride all day, i would do that sometimes.. ive seen discussion before, only time ive ever actually seen it done was with ian (speedyfeetuk) on his ninebot one a few years ago lol.. i think i would kill myself if i had to go anywhere more than a few km on a ninebot one, but it would be sweet to have something like this for my ks16s.. im getting the 2100 wh nikola hopefully that will keep me entertained, as far as i know there are zero ready made solutions for EUC, it would be totally down to you, and btw you cant charge EUC while riding, it would have to be an external battery paired with the main batteries, or something that you could swap, or charge while out, but not moving... so not as convenient.

7 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

Found this: 

yea but that was four years ago.. i dont believe any remotely modern wheel will allow you to do this.. you can always add batteries to your EUC internally connected to the main packs, but its not feasible to have an external battery that can be portable imo.. they would be everywhere and selling like hot cakes

Edited by Rywokast

On 7/6/2019 at 9:04 PM, who_the said:

King Song made an external pack but I've never seen one for sale. I guess you could also do this with an inverter or battery like a Jackery. 

That's good to know! Would probably mean they designed the wheel to operate while being plugged in. I heard the gotways can't do that

Edit: Gotways can as well!

Edited by chrisjunlee

3 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

Would probably mean they designed the wheel to operate while being plugged in. I heard the gotways can't do that

Not true. Gotways can absolutely run while charging.