which EUC has the fastest acceleration?

chrisjunlee

The question is two-fold: fastest in absolute terms measured with a stop watch, or fast with the least amount of effort required by the rider?

Absolutely fastest, the MSX should do very well, but might require angled sidepads for the rider to be able to utilize the wheel’s power. The Nikola (with a 2nd gen fixed control board) should also be at the top of the list.

Feeling fastest by the least amount of effort, I’d guess the MCM5 would be the winner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

The 18" MSX can out accelerate the MCM5 and mten3?!

I don’t know if it can. Haven’t seen anyone clock them.

Do you understand the difference in the different categories of acceleration? Acceleration for the least amount of effort (or perceived acceleration) is one thing, absolute measured acceleration is another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

I don’t know if it can. Haven’t seen anyone clock them.

Do you understand the difference in the different categories of acceleration? Acceleration for the least amount of effort (or perceived acceleration) is one thing, absolute measured acceleration is another.

Yup, being able to lean and sustain that lean. Not sure what the torque model would be for these hub motors. We could easily calculate the torque if we did.

i think trying to gauge fastest acceleration is pointless on an EUC, as it defeats the purpose of them. They’re designed to be an extension of your body, not a vehicle. With that said, it would be impossible to get a true apples to apples comparison due to inconsistency of a persons angle and the corresponding safety mechanisms (tiltback / overcurrent alarms). If you want something for pure acceleration, look into an electric scooter. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1