My choice -> AFX FX-200 Helmet

Guest PogArt Artur

Guest PogArt Artur

Those members who knows, how many doubts I were going through,regarding what to wear, how to wear etc., won't be surprised seeing my choice.

I've started my EUC adventure last March, and I was wearing motorbiker's gear, as I used to have motorbikes in past, I like that style - it's obvious.

Somehow I felt those cloths are pretty heavy, so I changed to the runner/cyclist's gear, tights, jacket instead. The Demon's protectors underneath are always there,top and pants  :)

The cyclist's style is giving me more camouflage, it's easier blending within the public while commute, instead of motorbiker's gear, but full face helmet is something I've never much appreciated to put on...

I did like something less striking the eyes, less dragging public attention.., and yet keeps my ears open ,to support my eyes looking for traffic hazards daily ...

After changing my mind frequently, I decided that the best helmet for my purpose is half open helmet.

I need to accept the risk of not having the chin bar, though.

But I'm more leisure/commuter rather, than speedy beast...

I've received this afternoon my favourite helmet AFX FX - 200.

It has build in two visors, tinted and clear, and this has made me to buy it.

As a commuter I need hassle free ride, any weather, and those visors already fitted, comes very handy, day or night... 

That's very weird and stupid, but I just realised it took me 4 months to make up my mind,what helmet I like...

IMG_20062019_163723_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.2ca67ba90cfc130e85acb8d230d99ea8.jpgIMG_20062019_163653_(1200_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.5f08bf3ac2f52e2b57a47f35242fceff.jpgIMG_20062019_163639_(1200_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.6fa1dc3d54147edf0edf0b07310c4fdc.jpgIMG_20062019_163619_(1200_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.54090a1f97dc4279122057bd4416da80.jpgIMG_20062019_163556_(1200_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.42ee7d257ca40f1186f55b4f5bbae4fe.jpgIMG_20062019_163532_(1200_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.a15e8682b7a97ecd2335b94caf26cec1.jpg

Edited by PogArt Artur

My Mc helmet have the outer clear visor and sun visor on the inside too. It is very handy if you get shifting light conditions.

I recommend you always use the clear visor and combine it with sunvisor. Rather that only using sunvisor.

That way you protect the sunvisor from dust and insects sticking to the sun visor. Just a tip on use.

I’ve just ordered a full face for when my MSX arrives (Poc Coron Air Spin).

not sure how often I’ll wear it compared with my normal (kayaking) lid. The intention being I’ll wear it when intending to ride fast, or off-road.

Guest PogArt Artur
4 hours ago, Gaz Bon said:

This says it best from another post 

Oooo ... nose and sinuses are your brain's crumple zone for brain protection:shock2:

Best of luck in yr choice

Cheers @Gaz BonI hope I'll keep my teeth for longer...

Guest PogArt Artur
4 hours ago, Unventor said:

My Mc helmet have the outer clear visor and sun visor on the inside too. It is very handy if you get shifting light conditions.

I recommend you always use the clear visor and combine it with sunvisor. Rather that only using sunvisor.

That way you protect the sunvisor from dust and insects sticking to the sun visor. Just a tip on use.

It's very smart advice indeed!

I will do @Unventor - thank you!

Guest PogArt Artur
25 minutes ago, HippoPig said:

I’ve just ordered a full face for when my MSX arrives (Poc Coron Air Spin).

not sure how often I’ll wear it compared with my normal (kayaking) lid. The intention being I’ll wear it when intending to ride fast, or off-road.

That's good looking helmet, and will give you needed protection for sure.

I'm only commute and going for quick shopping locally, even if I go enjoy my photography hobby, then for sure I won't go fast risking sudden fall and damaging my camera and lenses ...

If my riding was fast I would wear helmet with chin bar.

Saying that, I can lose my teeth at any speed, isn't it ...

Thanks for your comment @HippoPig :)