12km ride in public - pushing the limits :)

Guest PogArt Artur

Guest PogArt Artur

Hi, I'm about go to work, late turn today, till midnight...
But we needed fresh bread...
I was afraid, but encouraged by latest rides around estate.., so I had an scary idea to go for bread on the wheel :)
Why scary?
The distance is about 2km greater than I've done so far, and going to bakery, means going in public, roads, traffic, it's nearly the same as commuting to work, which I obviously didn't dare yet.

But it's Sunday... :)

Less traffic ... :)
I thought, if I manage get to bakery and back, then I could start commuting as well...
After today's experience,I know I'm capable of riding in public, but it's everything too early yet, too fresh.
I'm still beginner, yes I'm riding, turning etc., but it's still very early stage,that's need much much more polishing...
At least I think I'm keep improving,every time pushing my limits.
Today for first time I made over 12km ride, it's 4km greater than previous trips.
I didn't go in straight line to bakery and back, but I've been fascinated of the freedom, so I were going different directions as well :)

Screenshot_20190414-123220_Endomondo.thumb.jpg.980a29c1458e08c35d4bf6cfcaee6093.jpg

Guest PogArt Artur
5 minutes ago, stephen said:

We'll it's never ever quite that way,, you did well my friend 😊 Bradford feel so claustrophobic compared to roads I've ridden elsewhere, keep it up

Thanks for keen words @stephen :)

I must confess, I felt unsure how far I manage to go today, because I've inflated the tyre yesterday for first time since I have the wheel...

I found yesterday that the pressure left is 24PCI...

I've inflated it up to 50PCI , haven't check how much I'm allowed before?!

Then I've noticed on the tyre is upto 45PCI ...

Well.

I knew I've lost some amount of pressure by disconnecting the air pump, so I left it as it was.

Today when I got on the wheel, I coukd`t feel it well, the difference in pressure was significant.

So my first 200meters was so so, very unstable...

But I decided to go anyway.

So the farther I made, the better it was if you know I mean @stephen.

After today's ride I know I'm doing right to learn getting over the 4" curbs.

I went through many places today, were crossing the street was making me get off the wheel, just because on the opposite, the curb was fully raised...

To fluently keep riding, I need to master getting over the curbs, to not getting off/on the wheel every time and then...

I know the more I'm riding the more I learn.

This is why I pushed my limits today, and went out that far...

Thanks again.

Well done indeed @PogArt Artur. Everyday you get better and better, and you come across new obstacles and situations that you react to and learn from building up your experience.

Since being able to ride confidently I pretty much haven't used my car for the last 2 weeks. I go everywhere on my Ninebot now, just feels so good gliding around.

As for tyre pressure, I pump mine up to 50psi too on my Ninebot even though it states max 45psi.

Guest PogArt Artur
13 minutes ago, Tony Salusbury said:

Well done indeed @PogArt Artur. Everyday you get better and better, and you come across new obstacles and situations that you react to and learn from building up your experience.

Since being able to ride confidently I pretty much haven't used my car for the last 2 weeks. I go everywhere on my Ninebot now, just feels so good gliding around.

As for tyre pressure, I pump mine up to 50psi too on my Ninebot even though it states max 45psi.

Nice to see you in here Tony!?

Have you just joined?

I haven't see you in here before, today is first time :)

It is great forum and wonderful people!

I'm glad you are in here too :)

Regarding my riding, yes indeed, my aim is to learn while on the go...

The more unknown situations I'll face the better for me :)

I got scared I had inflated too much the tyre, but this is what I like my car's tyres to be...

Also in past where I had a bicycle, the tyres were tough like stones :)

So I'm not alone inflating upto 50PSI?

That's great :)

I believe this is the last time I were riding on 50PSI @Tony Salusbury...

I'm usually keep the car's pressure for 46PSI , so it will be the pressure for my wheel as well.

It was good riding today, but I feel I like to keep the pressure a bit lower, I should be fine with 46PSI :)

I went to push my limits today, I was planning go get the bread and back, but I did enjoy riding so much, so I were wandering the side streets too, hahahaaa, discovering places Ixve never been before, lol :)

So it took me longer, and my wife told me she started worry, if everything is alright  :)

Also, she just have seen me for first time weaning my EUC gear in full :)

She went intrigued, and she has asked me - so this is how you dress? Lol :)

Good experience for today, I'm very happy I did dare to do it :)

Best regards.

Guest PogArt Artur
43 minutes ago, Tony Salusbury said:

@PogArt Artur. Yeah I joined on here a few weeks ago but I think it took a while for my post to be approved.

I went through the same delay :)

I've written to admin, and they did speed the process up for me...

Ask the admin for help as well?

I couldn't reply posts, nor giving feedback...

Archived