Hi, looks like not much new here. I didn't ride my MiniPros, Elite, or ebike much at all this winter, the weather just didn't seem to align.  About 3 weeks a go i went for my first Segway ride, a short 6km, a couple short trips, and 18km last weekend. It was very easy getting back on the miniPro, the first few trips the tires were low after loosing air over the winter, but that was suitable for a start. Put them back to 35psi for the 18km ride.  Using the extra foot rest padding still seems natural enough to me now, and it does help a lot on some terrain. Just over 1100km now on the miniPro and 1000km on the ebike.

Sad, i didn't get to trying to install the swallowbot cpu on a board over the winter, but maybe i will get to that this year. I don't see much talk about that here, except the thread mentioning the Chinese motherboards that are on ebay now. Might be worth a try. 

The 2019 MiniPro S on Amazon is a bad joke. I guess there is little hope now we'll see a real MiniPro update with a decent battery upgrade. 

Hopefully this year i'll get more comfortable on my EUCs, but the miniPro serves a different role for me since i'm often using camera gear or my binoculars. 

Some soft ground here still, really does a number on the battery. 

9C62505F-A51B-435F-8F62-6C31BE93B776.jpeg

Edited by FreeRide
Typo
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, FreeRide said:

2019 MiniPro S

Segway Ninebot is too busy making the kickscooter to provide all the rental operators in the world, it's the priority of Segway Ninebot now
The Mini range has been renamed to "S" : S= Mini N3M240, S PRO = Mini Pro N3M320 S PLUS= N4M350....

The good news is that with the official arrival of the first model for  US market and Europe market, the range Mini will  may be updated
Already, the Mini PRO and Mini PLUS have had recent modifications presented to the FCC last june and november 2018 in their radio frequency emission

There may be a novelty for June or August, it is at this period that come out the novelties....

7 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Just over 1100km

Congratulations ! it will be time to change tires :laughbounce2: good luck!

My Mini Plus celebrated his 5 000km/ 3 107 miles, last week

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, jojo33 said:

Segway Ninebot is too busy making the kickscooter to provide all the rental operators in the world, it's the priority of Segway Ninebot now
The Mini range has been renamed to "S" : S= Mini N3M240, S PRO = Mini Pro N3M320 S PLUS= N4M350....

The good news is that with the official arrival of the first model for  US market and Europe market, the range Mini will  may be updated
Already, the Mini PRO and Mini PLUS have had recent modifications presented to the FCC last june and november 2018 in their radio frequency emission

There may be a novelty for June or August, it is at this period that come out the novelties....

Congratulations ! it will be time to change tires :laughbounce2: good luck!

My Mini Plus celebrated his 5 000km/ 3 107 miles, last week

Thanks! I figured the "S" was something like that given the physical design and specs. 

I changed tires last fall, i think at around 800km; documented in another thread went with the larger "Speed" tires from More4Mini. The small speed increase really helped drop the beeping, i find it easier now to stay undef the limit.

Wow!! 5000 km, that's serious mileage. :thumbup:

5 hours ago, FreeRide said:

helped drop the beeping

11 inch is really good, you can adjust the balance in the sensor settings; try different values, different inclinations, you will see it will beep less

5 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Wow!! 5000 km, that's serious mileage

I gained weight: 12 kilos/26lbs but I muscled the arms by lifting the 16 kilos/35 LBS of the Mini PLUS

• 4 weeks later...

I have never seen anyone reducing battery capacity like Segway is doing as a selling point!!! They are really fucking us over in more ways then one! We are are going to need replacement packs eventually! I didn't really think this was going to be a used once and throw away product!!!! Very disappointing!!!! 👎🤬

• 3 weeks later...

Handle mod. Used a velcro attached handle intended for scooters and other general things. 

Sits on the back nicely and seems to stay out of the way. Not intended for long distance, just heps getting it in and out of the house and such. 

There was another thread on here where people had added carry handles, but i could not find it. 

E1B5DE11-C805-427C-9CCD-93A47AF22CCE.jpeg

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

A couple updates.  One of the plastic buckles on my handle broke, before I could fix it properly I ruined it as I was rushing to get going.  I will install another one, but the plastic bits of this handle may need replacing to be very secure.  the mini pro weighs less than most scooters, so I'm not sure how suitable this handle is for scooters.

I've been riding the Elite PTR + more, as I like the increased speed for short runs.  Of course most people think it is a Segway, because it basically looks like one, just a bit smaller.  It seems to wrk pretty well, but battery swaps are harder in the field, and the batteries are much more expensive, so I generally only use one battery that limits the range.  However I usually use it when I'm going to a short run, and just need to get there and running it at full speed.  My impression of it though has improved though, and I'm happy I have in in addition to the Mini-Pros.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

The MiniPro riding season is winding down, and I had not done any really long (3 battery) trips on it this year yet so I decided to do one yesterday.   I ended up only doing just over 35km (I was hoping for 45-50km), and decided not to continue because my feet would be too sore afterwards and I need them for other adventures in the coming week.  I think I'll limit myself to two batteries from now on, as the weight of two batteries and other gear makes the backpack too heavy so the ride is less enjoyable.  We need larger capacity batteries.  It was a nice trip though with a good 50/50 road vs non-road, the non road being a mixture of dirt trails and paved bike/walking paths.  Currently at 1,537 km now for the MiniPro, but I'm adding mileage more slowly this year trying to spend time riding the different vehicles.

• Like 1