Ninebot or King Song?

itsme_michael

11 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I'd be interested to see those test results! 

Being about the same weight and living in a beautiful hilly area, I often find myself wanting more power...

Yes, I agree and the power is far from being available, that is why we always want more power, I am interested in power to avoid faceplants, and be able to go anywhere.

I am working on a cooling solution for the ks18a using heat sinks and fans, I am still waiting for the fans but initial tests I have done prove that the heat sinks with a little air circulation can remove heat very fast.

Air alone will provide limited cooling, and heat sinks alone will not help since all the hot air will be trapped inside the wheel, but heat sinks with air circulation can improve the cooling a lot.

What I do like about the ks18a it is the wheel that has the best range, the 1360wh batteries last forever, only need to charge to 80% and save battery cycles and not have to worry about overcharging the battery downhill or running out on long distances, my longest trip was 10 miles and my feet where hurting due to the short pedals, but had plenty of battery to keep riding for a very long time.

In regards to the ninebot 1 p pro I am  still waiting for delivery, I ordered last Sunday.

Has anyone gotten the new ninebot 1 p pro with the improved motherboard?

As soon as I get the ninebot I will provide the hill climbing tests.

1 minute ago, checho said:

I am working on a cooling solution for the ks18a using heat sinks and fans, I am still waiting for the fans but initial tests I have done prove that the heat sinks with a little air circulation can remove heat very fast.

Air alone will provide limited cooling, and heat sinks alone will not help since all the hot air will be trapped inside the wheel, but heat sinks with air circulation can improve the cooling a lot.

Just make sure you package the whole thing into what looks like an EUC turbo-charger unit that bolts on top of the wheel. 

And while you're at it, air horns would be really handy to motivate slow pedestrians to move out of the way! 

Archived