Add Audio Port

MetricUSA

Has anyone hacked or have any idea if you can add audio port to the bluetooth speakers on the eus'? I have a music player with a thousand songs, but it doesn't have bluetooth, and none on the phone. I'm looking to buy a kingsong. If I get a bluetooth transmitter, will kingsong connect to two bluetooth devices at same time? But an audio port would be 'simplier'...

When I connect my phone to my KS the phone discovers two seperate connections, one for the board info that goes to the app and the other seems to be dedicated to the music connection, so I would think it should work fine.

The audio port option is probably out of the question.

Without knowing how exactly the circuit is designed my bet would be:

The digital audio stream coming from the bluetooth receiver unit is most likely routed in some way to an all in one chip like this one that is fed by the digital (I2S ?) stream and drives the speakers directly.

This would be the cheapest (minimal parts count) and most convenient (can easily be controlled by the microcontroller and therefore with the phone App) solution.

So unfortunately no analog input available that can be tapped in. 

The audio port option is probably out of the question.

Without knowing how exactly the circuit is designed my bet would be:

The digital audio stream coming from the bluetooth receiver unit is most likely routed in some way to an all in one chip like this one that is fed by the digital (I2S ?) stream and drives the speakers directly.

This would be the cheapest (minimal parts count) and most convenient (can easily be controlled by the microcontroller and therefore with the phone App) solution.

So unfortunately no analog input available that can be tapped in. 

Cut the wires to the speakers and splice in your own amp?

Cut the wires to the speakers and splice in your own amp?

In this case you'd have to get the power for the amp from somewhere.

(rough estimation: 500 - 1000mA @ 5V)

Either regulated voltage from the mainboard's powersupply (but that would mean that the wheel's powersupply has to be oversized and i don't think the manufacturers do that voluntarily as they tend to cut costs wherever possible)

or use the wheel's battery (then you'd need to build your own powersupply, which is not an easy task with >50V battery voltage)

or use a dedicated battery. The easiest way would be to use a USB powerbank. (Needs additional space.)

Apart from that i don't understand why someone would use these squeaky, blaring speakers. All that is achieved is annoying most of the people around who are forced to listen to this noise. But that's just my personal opinion and has nothing to do with the subject. 

Archived