failure in pressure sensor A

Darkfire

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone provide any wiring or repair details on this? My sensor B is defective.

I've had so many issues with my 18L, I am tired of bothering the seller about issues.

I assume when I take the shell off I can trace the wiring and find the component, but if anyone else has gone through this already, may save me some time.

Edited by Circuitmage

• 2 weeks later...

So...after about a week of noticing a lot of issues (related to my "beeping" thread)....I was seeing;

1) beeps and cut-outs while at stand still with 1 foot on wheel (2 or 3 times)

2) beeps while trollying my wheel up and down steps

3) beeps while lifting my wheel when it is on

After the last beep and cut-out when getting on wheel, I quickly decided to disable my lift sensor.

My thinking is that with the "pressure sensor B" defect that is currently on my wheel, it is causing some bad sensor readings with the lift sensor. It's only been a couple days, but so far so good....I should probably figure out how to fix that sensor problem...not motivated enough to open the shell again.

Edited by Circuitmage

• 1 month later...

Update:

So after 1 month of having my lift sensor disabled on my 18L...ALL GOOD!

This reminds me of the first 3 months I had the wheel, and had the lift sensor disabled. So, right now I still have 1 faulty lift sensor, but the ride is so good with lift sensor disabled, I prob won't worry about fixing it (unless I open shell again for some reason and decided to fix it while I am working on it). No random beeps, vibrations, or cut-outs like while I had the lift sensor enabled.

Theory: The addition of the lift sensor FW threw a wrench in the works for slow/stopped operation, compared to my good ol' 16S design. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I assume the 18XL lift sensor is in the same place as the 18L.

The lift sensors are on some kind of pressure sensitive device at the bottom of each rail. After you take the shells off, you should see them. There are pictures here on another thread somewhere.

I assume that if you you lift the wheel, the pressure is released on the sensors, and otherwise they are closed, but I have not verified/measured this yet. If I had to guess, I would say maybe trace the 2 wires up to the control board, and do a continuity check by lifting the wheel and setting it down. One side is "A" and the other  is "B". 

Every since I disabled my lift sensors, I can ride my 18L without the issues I had before, so I am very hesitant about even repairing it and using them again...I had so many problems.