18XL Resetting Speed Alarm to 20?

D3m0nzz

My 18XL appears to have reverted its speed beep alarm to 20 mph. In WheelLog it still states that I have alarm 1 configured to max speed (50 KPH) and alarms 2 and 3 set to 0. Is this an issue anyone else has encountered before? I also road around a bit to see if the temp or current alarms could be triggering, but those levels are normal and the beeping starts at exactly 20 mph each time. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Additional info: I noticed this issue after recently fiddling around in WheelLog with the pedal settings, trying out "hard" after riding a couple hundred miles in "soft." Might be related. 

I am not sure that the firmware "likes" having alarm settings 2 and 3 set lower than alarm 1.

Try setting alarms 1 and 2 to 0 kph and alarm 3 to 50 kph.

I would be interested to hear the result...

Per you suggestion, I tried 1 & 2 at 0 and also all alarms at 50 kph and I still get beeps at 20 mph. For fun, I also reverted the pedals to "soft" mode and went into the original KS app to see if there were any relevant settings. No changes in beeps as of yet. 

1 hour ago, D3m0nzz said:

Per you suggestion, I tried 1 & 2 at 0 and also all alarms at 50 kph and I still get beeps at 20 mph. For fun, I also reverted the pedals to "soft" mode and went into the original KS app to see if there were any relevant settings. No changes in beeps as of yet. 

I  highly recommend not to fiddle around with wheellog for Speed or pedal Settings for a KS wheel.

WheelLog can NOT set the Alarm Settings/beeps of the KS wheel...what the wheellog app does is can configure the mobile phone Vibration on a certain Speed and battery Level, but not the KS Alarms itself!

The only two apps that can change/set KS Alarms are  the KS app and IOS app DarknessBot.

Oh no way! I was going about this all wrong then! I am going to start messing with the alarm setting in the KS app. They are currently set as Jason recommended them 0,0,39,40 but I will reset them and set them again to see if that shakes the wheel up enough to stop the 20 mph alarm. 

Archived