Dualtron H29e vs Dualtron II EX

Aric Lasry

Hi,

I am a happy owner of a Speedway mini 4 pro but I am looking into getting a more powerful machine like the Dualtron II. My maximum budget is about ~$2200.

When looking at where to buy online, these two fits all the checkboxes, and they also look very similar:

2018 New Dualtron Scooter Motor 60V18AH 1052Wh Most Powerful Electric Scooter H29e -  from alibaba. Link here.

vs

NEW: Dualtron II EX 1200Wh/2x 800W (1600W) Motors - from ewheels.com. Link here.

The main difference I see is 1200Wh/2x 800W vs 1052wh 2 * 6000W, but other than that, they look exactly the same to me. Are they?

Any info that can help me understand the Dualtron product offering landscape is welcome :)

20 hours ago, Aric Lasry said:

The main difference I see is 1200Wh/2x 800W vs 1052wh 2 * 6000W, but other than that, they look exactly the same to me. Are they?

H29E is the first generation Dualtron, the main drawback is that they're fitted with the Chinese branded battery cells. Probabilistic cell failure is 1:1000 vs. <1:20,000 with the LG/Panasonic cell, with nearly 100 cells, this represents a 10% annualized pack failure rate. 

I would wait for the Dualtron Spider, this is the holy grail of eScooters: 20kg, dual-motor, 1kWh Panasonic battery, 35-40MPH, ABS disc brakes, 10" tubeless tires, carbon fibre frame, fingerprint scanner. Price will be around $2,500.

First arrivals should be around mid-December 

Image may contain: textImage may contain: motorcycle and text

Thanks for pointing out the battery quality and the Spider! The spider definitely sounds like the holy grail. But at the same time, if it goes over $2500, might be too expensive for me.

Do you know who / where it is going to be sold? Can we pre-order it somewhere?

7 minutes ago, Aric Lasry said:

We have a supply on order now, holding back on posting to the ewheels.com site, because it's going to make nearly every other model obsolete overnight :). Can you send an email to sales@ewheels.com & we can work out a deposit.  

3 hours ago, Aric Lasry said:

Thanks for pointing out the battery quality and the Spider! The spider definitely sounds like the holy grail. But at the same time, if it goes over $2500, might be too expensive for me.

Aw Aric... too bad you can't find another $800. I have a brand new Dualtron Ultra, unridden, that I'm putting up on Craig's list for $3k this week. I ended up buying a Thunder while waiting for the Ultra to ship from SK, and couldn't wait.

3 hours ago, dwallersv said:

Aw Aric... too bad you can't find another $800. I have a brand new Dualtron Ultra, unridden, that I'm putting up on Craig's list for $3k this week. I ended up buying a Thunder while waiting for the Ultra to ship from SK, and couldn't wait.

it's very tempting but I think it is too big of a machine for my needs. I need to commute 8 miles + 1 mile twice a day, and put it in a train (amtrak). Plus I use it around in Berkeley from my place to coffee shops (1 ~ 2 miles).

The spider or Dualtron 2 looks like a better fit. I would buy the ultra for $2500 though :p

7 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

We have a supply on order now, holding back on posting to the ewheels.com site, because it's going to make nearly every other model obsolete overnight :). Can you send an email to sales@ewheels.com & we can work out a deposit.  

I just did, when can I expect to hear back?

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2018 at 12:55 PM, Jason McNeil said:

H29E is the first generation Dualtron, the main drawback is that they're fitted with the Chinese branded battery cells. Probabilistic cell failure is 1:1000 vs. <1:20,000 with the LG/Panasonic cell, with nearly 100 cells, this represents a 10% annualized pack failure rate. 

I would wait for the Dualtron Spider, this is the holy grail of eScooters: 20kg, dual-motor, 1kWh Panasonic battery, 35-40MPH, ABS disc brakes, 10" tubeless tires, carbon fibre frame, fingerprint scanner. Price will be around $2,500.

First arrivals should be around mid-December 

Image may contain: textImage may contain: motorcycle and text

@Jason McNeil is the Spider still a worthy purchase considering certain specs have changed 

IMG_4672.thumb.JPG.a539b612de71138a1ce6c7af04fc7c42.JPG

Archived