Kingsong ks16 cable problems

Leo Anderberg

The wheel wont start and I suspect the cables to the engine is the problem. As you can see in the picture there are 4 small cables that are loose and the main cables are exposed. 

My questions are:

1. Where should the small cables be attached?

2. Is this fixable so the cables aren't exposed, if so, how?

What are my options? And what do you recommend?

IMG_1181.png

1 hour ago, Leo Anderberg said:

The wheel wont start and I suspect the cables to the engine is the problem. As you can see in the picture there are 4 small cables that are loose and the main cables are exposed. 

My questions are:

1. Where should the small cables be attached?

They should go inside the motor as the other three thicker cables. These 4 smaller cables should be the hall sensor cables.

2. Is this fixable so the cables aren't exposed, if so, how?

Seems like the other end of the broken cable is somewhere inside the axle/motor? Also the insulation of the three motor cables looks bad at the axle...

It's a bit hard to give a final statement from one photo, but it serms like the motor has to be opened and the cabling renewed. Or alternatively you buy a new motor (which includes this cabling)

Just now, Leo Anderberg said:

Thank you for quick answer! :)

Ok, ill try to open the motor. If that fails, where can I buy a new motor for my KingSong KS16? I live in Sweden.

Be careful - that's not the easiest project! (Afair closing it is very hard if one does not take some precautions before) Here are some very detailed descriptions of how to do that - be sure to read them! Also rewiring the motor is nothing simple - all the connections have to be "prefect" to guarantee safe driving.

But if you have "some skills" and with the help of the experienced members here it can be a nice, tempting project! ( At least you get some training in replacing a motor, once your decide and get a new one )

For a new motor i'd try to contact first my original reseller (if it's bought new).

Then there is speedyfeet in the uk, 1radwerkstatt in germany and ?two online shops in poland?. The owner/an employee of the polnish shop ?was/is? active here and was quite helpful to some german KS owners getting spare parts.

Are you sure that nothing else got damaged - this looks like something major happened to the wheel! This cable is normally safe and secure and there was quite some force on it to tear the cables apart...

9 hours ago, Leo Anderberg said:

If that fails, where can I buy a new motor for my KingSong KS16? I live in Sweden.

Contact https://eunicycles.eu/en, they are very helpful and delivers to EU.

Archived