Gain Protection

Recently, I have been looking a bit at the Gain Protection gear... Being Australian, it may be less known in Europe or the USA, but as it is designed for "kick-scooter" type activities, it seems to me that it may be practical for our absurd hobby too.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has tried this kit, or has any comments about it?

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Alex_from_NZ said:

They now have a bunch of stuff on special i notice, tempted to order their knee and elbow pads.  Good price and they look like good kit..  Did you ever look further into them TFU?

I did send out a feeler to see if they were keen on having an NZ distributor, but didn't hear back. Perhaps I should go with Demon instead?

But now that I know they have a sale on, perhaps I will invest in a set for me...

41 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I did send out a feeler to see if they were keen on having an NZ distributor, but didn't hear back. Perhaps I should go with Demon instead?

But now that I know they have a sale on, perhaps I will invest in a set for me...

I wanted Demon Flexmeter wristguards but getting them is a PITA.. Considering alternatives now.

16 hours ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

I wanted Demon Flexmeter wristguards but getting them is a PITA.. Considering alternatives now.

Search on TradeMe... There is a British (?) company that advertises there and ships to New Zealand.

20 hours ago, Alex_from_NZ said:

Surely you have heard of YouShop? Order from Amazon.com or Demon United directly in the US and ship via NZPost for a small fee.

Although the Amazon Prime flexmeters are not eligible for direct shipping to NZ, other items are. Backcountry.com also sells them for the same price and ships internationally. Demon United  (the company that makes them) also ships internationally.

As long as the collectable GST is less than $50NZD 60NZD ($400NZD total for the entire order including shipping) and the items are not dutiable (DU safety gear are not), it should sail straight through, regardless.

3 hours ago, litewave said:

Surely you have heard of YouShop? Order from Amazon.com or Demon United directly in the US and ship via NZPost for a small fee.

Although the Amazon Prime flexmeters are not eligible for direct shipping to NZ, other items are. Backcountry.com also sells them for the same price and ships internationally. Demon United  (the company that makes them) also ships internationally.

As long as the collectable GST is less than $50NZD 60NZD ($400NZD total for the entire order including shipping) and the items are not dutiable (DU safety gear are not), it should sail straight through, regardless.

Yep, familiar with YouShop, although your and my definitions of small fee may differ on that point.  I find them horrible honestly, used them for a few k of electronics gear from Amazon a year ago and half the stuff came with damage and some not at all.  Sorting it out with them was a nightmare i won't go through again.

Have ordered them now from Demon United but would have preferred Amazon (without YouShop) if i could.

Also, i think the customs limit is now reduced to $240 limit or something like that before tax is added, new rules not sure if in place yet.

Archived