How to fix Trolley bar / handle bar in KS14D/S, KS16B/S, KS18L

EUniCycles.eu

Step by step how to fix King Song handle bar when it is opening while lift. Works for all models.

What you need:

1. 3mm aluminium or brass pipe (it can be bought in a hobby shop)

2. a small piece of plexi 1mm thickness

3. super glue

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Yes this works perfect!

I fixed my Handle last winter in a similar way with 2mm self athesive rubber bumper  - since then no unwanted openings anymore :)

Instead of the rivet I take a M4x25 Screw with a nut...

https://www.amazon.com/Maveek-Adhesive-Dampening-Protector-Cupboard/dp/B01DQHF5YO/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1539243977&sr=8-1&keywords=maveek+Rubber+Bumper

seems to be a good solution, I have my KS18L since three weeks, it's a lovely ride, but since a few days I have problems with the handle as well, but my problem is different : I can't get the handle to slide out on 75% of the attempts, very annoying when you ride in the city,... 

It didn't fell on it yet, so I don't understand, I do get the feeling that the mechanism "pushing in the button" is not properly opening and hence I am unable to slide it out of it's holding position.. 

Any ideas?

On 10/11/2018 at 8:47 AM, Volker said:

Yes this works perfect! I fixed my Handle last winter in a similar way with 2mm self athesive rubber bumper  - since then no unwanted openings anymore :)

https://www.amazon.com/Maveek-Adhesive-Dampening-Protector-Cupboard/dp/B01DQHF5YO/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1539243977&sr=8-1&keywords=maveek+Rubber+Bumper

You didn't need the "3mm aluminium or brass pipe"?

I just bought a KS18L (something I didn't expect I would do yet). It has this issue and I will be either fixing it with this guide or by replacing with new bars.
If the pipe is not really needed I may fix it with a piece of mounting tape (not peeling off the 2nd side), as it is about 2mm.

I still don't understand how this fix works, but I guess I will once I'm looking at the parts myself.

image.png.db704032afde14f38779d3cfbed091b4.png

18 hours ago, Jean Dublin said:

I just bought a KS18L (something I didn't expect I would do yet). It has this issue and I will be either fixing it with this guide or by replacing with new bars.
If the pipe is not really needed I may fix it with a piece of mounting tape (not peeling off the 2nd side), as it is about 2mm.

I still don't understand how this fix works, but I guess I will once I'm looking at the parts myself.

I didn't know the 18L had locking problems on the trolley handle. If you only bought it, it will still be under warranty. Is it not easier to pop into your local dealer? They might have an easier solution for you.

On 10/15/2018 at 7:35 PM, Eunicyclist said:

I didn't know the 18L had locking problems on the trolley handle. If you only bought it, it will still be under warranty. Is it not easier to pop into your local dealer? They might have an easier solution for you.

Thanks for the suggestion. I just bought it now, but it is second hand and is not in transit to me.
My local dealer doesn't sell KS, but Inmotion, so he would not know the KS wheels inside out.
The warranty would be from the Chinese supplier that sold it originally, and would be spare parts. 2 spare bars are included on the one I bought, so I may fix the broken one or replace it, I will see.

On 10/15/2018 at 1:31 AM, Jean Dublin said:

Instead of a alu pipe I took a M4x25 Screw with a nut...

8 hours ago, Volker said:

Instead of a alu pipe I took a M4x25 Screw with a nut...

Thanks, I just saw that you said it already on your post, apologies for not reading properly.

I suppose that this fix doesn't block the handle permanently and that it still comes up when pressing the button. Is that right?

Asking as I still don't understand how the fix works. But I'll find out when I try it as soon as I receive the used 18L

Thanks.

No it does not block the handle permanently,

the extra "spacer" ensures that the blocking-pin does not slip through the hole while pulling on the handle.

It's not that easy to see how that works, but after disassembling you can watch it...

I think that the material of the spacer schould not be too soft because of aging. The suggested plexi or some rubber pad works perfect.

Archived