Backpacks, messenger bags and man purses..

Alex_from_NZ

Hey Everyone,

I am guessing a lot of us use our wheels to commute to and from work or school or the brothel or what-have-you and, as i am rather displeased with my current man bag and am on the lookout for a replacement, i was wondering what everyone else uses?

Ideally, my bag needs to fit a laptop, tablet, charge banks, lunch box, misc tools and medkit stuff, charging cables and all sorts of other crap without falling apart (my current bags problem).  Ive watched a bunch of Chooch's videos because they are fun as shit looking and he put me onto a brand called Maxpedition.  After a bit of google and looking about i think i have narrowed it down to one of these EdgePeak sling bags.

http://a.co/d/323LHEx

And one of these to complement it..

http://a.co/d/9yPgkP5

Pros: Tough as balls. Can carry my shit. Doesn't look too naff, Sling bag should be more comfortable for me.
Cons: Looks like im going hiking not to work.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?  What do you use and why?

Cheers,
A curious Alex

Pre-EUC, I used to use a satchel / messenger bag... But when I first started riding I found that when loaded up (with my laptop and both of my lunches) the sudden weight shifts allowed with just a shoulder strap caused a bit of instability. So whatever you go with, I would recommend something that doesn't readily shift position.

I ended up replacing the satchel with a Samsonite Laptop Backpack - not too large (which forces me to be efficient). The one I got isn't available anymore, but the newer Viz Air range is the replacement to it. 

And I suggest that it would be worth stopping past a larger Strand Bags branch - they usually carry a good selection to investigate...

7 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Pre-EUC, I used to use a satchel / messenger bag... But when I first started riding I found that when loaded up (with my laptop and both of my lunches) the sudden weight shifts allowed with just a shoulder strap caused a bit of instability. So whatever you go with, I would recommend something that doesn't readily shift position.

I ended up replacing the satchel with a Samsonite Laptop Backpack - not too large (which forces me to be efficient). The one I got isn't available anymore, but the newer Viz Air range is the replacement to it. 

And I suggest that it would be worth stopping past a larger Strand Bags branch - they usually carry a good selection to investigate...

Yeah, im using a satchel atm from Strand Bags but been less than impressed with it (on my second one now).  I like the Samsonite but wish it was a sling bag instead.  Proper sling bag hopefully shouldn't move too much, thats one of the other problems with the satchel i have atm.

How do you find the waterproofing on the Samsonite out of curiosity?

Archived