Darknessbot speed settings

Nick A

I have a gotway acm unit, I have been using it consistently for the last three months, I downloaded the app which seems fantastic, with the idea to increase the speed settings up to e.g. 37kph. Original being 30kph I believe. I have pressed 'apply' to which the light comes on and beeps as if to register. However I am experiencing it is going a lot slower than before, instead of faster. Tilting back quite aggresively at low speed. Now regardless (as I have been experimenting) to whatever speed I set it to.. it seems preset and stuck on the speed it associated itself to when I first tried increasing it...

Even deleting the app, it is still pre set on said speed, the battery is at 75% still, having started this process on a full charge. 

Any one who experienced this or could shed any light on the situation would be much appreciated!

• Like 1

Something that I found on my MSuper. 

When I got my MSuper I had been using the Darknessbot on my KS16 for a month and was used to it.  I opened the Darknessbot on my MSuper and set the speed to max. The given max was 50 km/h. When I did so the MSuper tilted at 12mph.  I used the GotWay app and found that the real max speed was 48 km/h.  I went back to the Darkneswsbot and as long as I used a speed 48km/h or slower It was fine. The MSuper just reverts to 12 mph when given a bad number. 

• Upvote 1

Deleting the app won't do anything because that won't change the setting that is already saved in the wheel, which the app has changed.

Use the official Gotway app to set alarms, as Darknessbot apparently doesn't work properly for this. "Open all alarms" followed by "default alarms" will reset to default ("default alarms" alone doesn't do anything).

I always recommend doing a lift test once you've configured the wheel, to confirm everything works as intended. Put the wheel between your legs and lift it and see (in an app) at which speeds the speed alarms and the tiltback (can be felt as a jolt) appear.

Do you have a 84V ACM (1300 or 1600Wh) or 67.2V ACM (the smaller ones)?

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...
55 minutes ago, Namuhan said:

Sorry to highjack thread but i dont get how to have Darknessbot save your speed alarm settings. I hit apply and still it beeps at 30kmh.

It could be that you are trying to set a speed higher than the wheel allows. For example, you can only set the speed up to 35km/h on the 16S, despite the scale of adjustment going much further.

No cant be that. I ride RS19. Also I notice alarm at 35kmh sounds different than the one on 30kmh. Like 30kmh is like a really loud beep and alarm at 35kmh is different kind of sound from Darknessbot. Do I have something on at 30kmh that darknessbot does not show?

I think that you have two different alarms going. I have not used DarknessBot in over a year. Back when I did use I had an alarm on the wheel and a separate unrelated alarm on the app. The two actually had nothing to do with each other. The wheel beeped at its set alarm and DarknessBot watched the speedometer and alarmed at a set speed. 
I just connected to my Sherman and it does not look like I can set wheel alarms only DarknessBot alarms. Although I might be missing something. 

1 hour ago, Namuhan said:

No cant be that. I ride RS19. Also I notice alarm at 35kmh sounds different than the one on 30kmh. Like 30kmh is like a really loud beep and alarm at 35kmh is different kind of sound from Darknessbot. Do I have something on at 30kmh that darknessbot does not show?

Ah, maybe it’s one of the two factory set fixed alarms that have absolutely no use in GW/BG wheels?

In the official app one has to choose from the menu to “Disable 1st and 2nd alarm”. I don’t know how it’s done (or if it’s even possible) in the 3rd party apps. You only need to do it once, so the official app should be bearable for that long…

EDIT: Furthermore, I don’t think you can set custom beep alarms for GW/BG wheels. It has the two factory set ones that you can enable or disable. The max speed tilt-back can be set to any number that results in a whole number when divided by three. This was how it was with the MSX, don’t know if anything has changed since then. Don’t ask me why it is/was how it is/was, it’s a GW/BG!

You can of course set the app itself to beep your phone at any speed, but the wheel and it’s beeper are fully ignorant of the app only alerts.

Edited by mrelwood